Congrats guys from this UVA fan | Syracusefan.com

Congrats guys from this UVA fan

jhmoss1812

Walk On
I haven't watched any basketball since the UVA debacle (FML) but saw that you took down the rapists and advanced to the Sweet 16. Incredible run by your coaches and players. Just mad impressed by how Boeheim gets his players ready for tournament play. Bennett could learn a lot from him. Good luck against Duke!

Nothing but respect for you guys. As amazing as it is for history to be broken, it is far more deserved to happen to a Duke or UNC. Bennett is a class act who no coach has a single thing to say bad about. Was happy Jimmy B stood up to complement him the other day. Hang in there. FBI is coming for all the cheaters which will level the field even more.

I haven't watched any basketball since the UVA debacle (FML) but saw that you took down the rapists and advanced to the Sweet 16. Incredible run by your coaches and players. Just mad impressed by how Boeheim gets his players ready for tournament play. Bennett could learn a lot from him. Good luck against Duke!

Thanks for the words. I don’t know if it will help you feel any better but if you get a minute watch Boeheim’s press conference from before this game, he is asked about UVA and Bennett, I think his response is right on.

We had a debate on whether a basketball fan would rather have the season you've had or the one we've had. My view is that we've got to make the Final Four again to make a comparison valid. but I'd like to know what a UVA fan thinks about that.

Thanks!!! we gave enough inside info on the zone to Duke...Bennett is on his own. :)

Thank you.
You guys will be in the f4 soon enough.

I feel like a kid who just saw his teacher outside of school.

We had a debate on whether a basketball fan would rather have the season you've had or the one we've had. My view is that we've got to make the Final Four again to make a comparison valid. but I'd like to know what a UVA fan thinks about that.

Your season without question. It's not even close for me. You could have lost to ASU in the first four and I'd still prefer your season.

We were the #1 overall seed and lost by 20 to a 16-seed. I don't see how anyone would want that mark on their program.

He picked Pitt’s season over UVA’s

Your season without question. It's not even close for me. You could have lost to ASU in the first four and I'd still prefer your season.

We were the #1 overall seed and lost by 20 to a 16-seed. I don't see how anyone would want that mark on their program.

That's been my argument as well - it's just awful to have such an amazingly exception season marred by that happening. :( The crap part is history will probably forget the asterisk that you lost Hunter right before the tourney. :( You can't really know what kind of impact something like that has. Anyway, great season - and thanks for the kind words!

Thanks, man! Very classy.

We were the first 2 seed to ever lose to a 15.

Jimmy B had quite a different rep up until 2003 when we won the whole thing. These things can be silly.

Wahoos are a great fanbase and HCTB is one class act.
It’ll be so much sweeter when u finally get that first one.

Yep. I'd rather have a season of complete and utter apathy than historic embarrassment.

Well I'm hoping for UMBC to go on a run and prove they were underseeded. That would make me feel better if I was a UVa fan.

I'm biased, but nothing is more embarrassing than being Pitt.

Yep. I'd rather have a season of complete and utter apathy than historic embarrassment.

I dunno, man. The regular season is 4 months long, over which time a lot can go wrong. You were what, 28-2? That's very successful in anyone's book, and the 1 seed was well deserved. The tournament is another season, albeit a lot shorter. Getting beaten in it, while disappointing (and trust me, Syracuse fans know all about that!), doesn't cancel away the good work done to get there. I like to think of it the way Duane Thomas put it: "If the Super Bowl's the ultimate, why is there another one next year?" :)

Don't take it so hard. Wire to wire season supremacy is an incredible achievement that shouldn't be erased by one loss, no matter when it occurs. And any time someone mentions that negative "mark," they're also reminding everyone that you were a #1 seed.

Either way, your grace is appreciated.