Congrats to nycfan! | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to nycfan!

Congrats to our own nycfan on running and completing his 27th consecutive New York City Marathon. Way to go nycfan !!

Congrats E!

Anyone else here run?

I ran the Vegas Rock and Roll half marathon last year. I ran with my ex. She was slow so we didn't have a good time.

dph6SIt.jpg

The last of my three NYCMs was in 2009. With that background, I can say that however impressive Eric's feats might be to the uninitiated, they are actually a lot more impressive than that.

His longevity and consistency in this event are to be greatly admired.

Nice job (again, and again and again...) Eric.

Congrats to our own nycfan on running and completing his 27th consecutive New York City Marathon. Way to go nycfan !!

Congrats E!

Anyone else here run?
27 5ks is impressive to me. nycfan, you are amazing! Great job! We are very proud of you. And congrats to Flanagan for getting the first victory by a US women in this race since 1977 (I think that was the factoid I saw).

Last edited:
27 5ks is impressive to me. 2nycfan, you are amazing! Great job! We are very proud of you. And congrats to Flanagan for getting the first victory by a US women in this race since 1977 (I think that was the factoid I saw).

Yes indeed re Flanagan. Watching her pull away in those final miles was inspiring. Beautiful, graceful and strong.

I ran 10 or 11- all but one the Marine Corps...great race. Tried to get under 3:00, came close(ish) but then the knees went. After both were replaced that ended that!

I ran 10 or 11- all but one the Marine Corps...great race. Tried to get under 3:00, came close(ish) but then the knees went. After both were replaced that ended that!

I have a bad wheel myself, have a feeling it'll need replacing one day soon, trying to hold off. All those years of basketball has done a huge toll on my body

I have a bad wheel myself, have a feeling it'll need replacing one day soon, trying to hold off. All those years of basketball has done a huge toll on my body

I had a total knee replacement 6 weeks ago and I'd advise you to talk to a good orthopedic surgeon that does a lot of knees if you think you might be ready. If I had it to do over, I'd have gotten it done 10 years ago as the rehab is not a fun thing at my age especially since I need to straighten my leg as well as the normal strengthening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom