Congrats to the team for a great run! | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to the team for a great run!

Flacusian

All Conference
We came within 15 minutes of winning the whole thing. The team found itself for the first time in a long long time and we were treated to some really fabulous play and the Garden was electric at times as a result of the Cuse's play.

Many pluses to take from this. BMK was sensational, Cooney showed that he can be a big time contributor, James was... well, he was really incredible. Brandon and MCW played some really inspired ball for most of the tourney.

They certainly can be proud of what they accomplished and we all have reason to be optimistic going into the dance. They should make us proud. I know I'm very proud of how these kids played.

Yep, beating Georgetown was worth the price of admission. Louisville has our number anyway and then combine it with 4 games in 4 days, plus coming off OT, the way it went down was a little shocking but the L was not completely unexpected.

Pretty much agree. It was just so hard to take after the incredible first half run. I thought 2nd half would be different, but not that different. I guess we ran out of gas. No help from the officials. But playing 4 days in a row at high intensity is tough. I just hope they are ok. They had gotten so much confidence back. It might be hard to get the mojo really reved up again.

We came within 15 minutes of winning the whole thing. The team found itself for the first time in a long long time and we were treated to some really fabulous play and the Garden was electric at times as a result of the Cuse's play.

Many pluses to take from this. BMK was sensational, Cooney showed that he can be a big time contributor, James was... well, he was really incredible. Brandon and MCW played some really inspired ball for most of the tourney.

They certainly can be proud of what they accomplished and we all have reason to be optimistic going into the dance. They should make us proud. I know I'm very proud of how these kids played.

Thanks for the breath of fresh air. It was getting a little "stuffy" in here.

We really shouldn't forget that until our run in 2006, no team had ever won 4 games in the BET and no team had ever won a BET game after going into OT the day before. That is 24 years of tournaments befor it happened a single time (the OT thing). On top of that UL is about the worst possible team you could face in a 4th day in a row like and coming off OT.

This, like the game in 2009, is a throwaway game. Brush it off and move on.

All the tweets coming from the team, plus quotes I have read from interviews after the game are pretty positive. I think the players got this whole thing in perspective, and are ready to move forward. Overall they seem to be pretty happy with the way the trip to NYC turned out.

It was a great tournament run for us without regard to the final outcome. The team played three of the most difficult teams for us and won two of the three, including a historic win over Georgetown. In the end, we peaked 15 minutes too soon and couldn't finish strong. Four games in four days took their toll and our run ended, but I'm proud and thankful for the effort and for a memorable end to our Big East era.

Pitino is a better coach than JT III and made the right adjustments, putting a lot of pressure on tired players. It was sad, frustrating, and not the way I wanted the run to finish, but we got to the championship game. To me that was huge and worthy of respect. Kudos to the players and coaches, and fans for that matter. SU may not have the best team this year, but we played tough and brought lots of fans to make it fun.

Syracuse was instrumental in making the Big East the best basketball league in the country and this team did the program proud getting to the final game. Let's honor SU's strong basketball tradition created by so many players and fans by thanking this team for making the end special as well. That being said, on to the NCAA and the ACC!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom