Congrats to the Women!! | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to the Women!!

They were ranked a couple weeks the year Q got the NCAA bid. But yeah, hopefully this the start of a much longer stint in the top 25.

Great news. Thanks for posting.

Can anyone explain to me why the SU women have been so weak for so long. What has UConn been doing that we could not match?

Great news. Thanks for posting.

Can anyone explain to me why the SU women have been so weak for so long. What has UConn been doing that we could not match?
Recruit the best players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the Melo Center and the Dome have actually been deterents in attracting good female recruits?
That's not what he said. I'm guessing its more to do with history.

Melo Center is great for them but the Dome is a giant expanse with no fans for a women's game so I'm guessing that evens out.

Also, since Marsh didn't say it, I will: .

So the Melo Center and the Dome have actually been deterents in attracting good female recruits?

Didnt say that. When you can play for the best team year after year thats a pretty easy sell to a recruit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt say that. When you can play for the best team year after year thats a pretty easy sell to a recruit.

I know you didn't say that and I was not trying to be flippant. Just wanted to start a conversation about how JB has been able to do it and the women's side have not.

The women have all the same advantages. You are right that it is easier for UConn, as most everyone wants to play for the best, but that's just one team. The comment above that the cavernous Dome may actually be a deterent for the women is perhaps true. Maybe they should play at Manley. The only other explantion that I can come up with is that perhaps we have not had good recruiters on the womens side. With the turnover though, hardly a good explanation either.

This town needs to do some sort of flash mob to support the team at some point. They play in the dome to the same fan support of St. John's.

I know you didn't say that and I was not trying to be flippant. Just wanted to start a conversation about how JB has been able to do it and the women's side have not.

The women have all the same advantages. You are right that it is easier for UConn, as most everyone wants to play for the best, but that's just one team. The comment above that the cavernous Dome may actually be a deterent for the women is perhaps true. Maybe they should play at Manley. The only other explantion that I can come up with is that perhaps we have not had good recruiters on the womens side. With the turnover though, hardly a good explanation either.

Recruiting is NOT the problem as SU has put together several top recruiting classes on the women's side. Coach Q appears to be a very good recruiter, and a not so good coach since he has done nothing with the talent that he has brought in. They rolled last year until they started conference play. Today they finally get ranked and immediately fall behind at home.

Recruiting is NOT the problem as SU has put together several top recruiting classes on the women's side. Coach Q appears to be a very good recruiter, and a not so good coach since he has done nothing with the talent that he has brought in. They rolled last year until they started conference play. Today they finally get ranked and immediately fall behind at home.

Recruiting is NOT on the level that the major Division One teams are. Not even close. Reason $1 why Breanna Stewart is living in right now.

The Melo center is paying off for womens' basketball recruiting. Last year SU's class was ranked 6th in the nation and so far this year they have signed 4 recruits - 3 of them 4 star recruits.

Recruiting is NOT on the level that the major Division One teams are. Not even close. Reason $1 why Breanna Stewart is living in right now.

It has been the last 2 years. We have had 2 top 10 recruiting classes in the country in a row.

The Melo center is paying off for womens' basketball recruiting. Last year SU's class was ranked 6th in the nation and so far this year they have signed 4 recruits - 3 of them 4 star recruits.
He is a good recruiter...too bad he didn't get the girl from North Syracuse.

He is a good recruiter...too bad he didn't get the girl from North Syracuse.

There was no chance at all of her coming here unfortunately.

I suspect Dr. Daryl Gross has realized that there is financial advantage in making a push on the women's side. I certainly hope so.

Oh, and another thing. We have ten (10) forums on syracusefan and none of them are directed at women's hoops. I don't think sharing this forum is the best way to go.

I suspect Dr. Daryl Gross has realized that there is financial advantage in making a push on the women's side. I certainly hope so.

Oh, and another thing. We have ten (10) forums on syracusefan and none of them are directed at women's hoops. I don't think sharing this forum is the best way to go.

I doubt there is enough traffic to warrant a women's hoops specific forum. Quite honestly, I don't think Lax really deserves its own forum. I would be in favor of making the current lax forum into a catch-all for all other SU sports (lax, women's sports, soccer, etc).