Congrats to Virginia | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to Virginia

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Congrats to most of its fans that have posted here. Not to all. It has to be a great feeling for those that have hung on for so long as lifelong Cavs fans to win that title for the first time in 33 years (and that is not meant as a slight)

Virginia earned that ACC title and has played efficiently throughout the entire season without any What games like Syracuse, Duke, or UNC.

That offence was really effective today, they did a nice job mixing things up.

I wouldn't want them on the 2/3 line in my bracket if I was a non ACC team.

I was about to post the same thread. They played a great game. Not feeling great right now, but don't feel anywhere near as bad as I did after the game at Georgetown last year. Love the way Virginia plays and hope we can regroup, get Grant healthy and see what the rest of the season has on store.

They deserve this win. They played great. I was really impressed with how they sealed off the boards almost all day. I hope they can stay good and not just be like Seton Hall that had a good squad every 20 or 30 years. The mire good teams make up the ACC the less I will miss the Big East.

Love the court storming.

After 8 minutes of making their way down, they're all just standing around like, "ummm, what are we doing here?"

But congrats to UVA, they handed it to us today. Hopefully we can get back to full strength and make amends in the ACC Tourney.

Great win Hoo's. Your team really wanted this win. Hope we get another shot at you in Greensboro.

Thank you for the props. UVA played great in the 2nd half and your lack of depth really hurt you when both Grant and Ennis had to sit. One of my favorite things about this UVA team is that we can have on off-day from one of our great players (Harris today) and still dominate a very good team.
I read a lot on your board over the last week about how we were doing well because of our unbalanced schedule and I'm glad that now you hopefully have a lot more respect for what we've done this year.
I'm not looking forward to playing you again in the ACC tourney but it's been so long since we have played for the ACC title (we haven't even made it to the semi-final since 1995) that I'll be ecstatic to be playing anyone on Sunday if we can get there!

I also congratulate the Cavaliers. Injuries aside, I honestly feel we got outcoached today. I was very impressed with how well they passed in the interior of our zone and also how quick they made those passes before being really defended. Also, all teams obviously try to get the ball to the top of the key, but more times than not the player receiving the pass in that area is kind of befuddled as to what to do with it. Most of the time today the recipient made quick passes or faced the basket and shot (with lots of them going in). Some of our old Big East opponents had some of this figured out, but this is the best I've seen this year with the exception of the exhibition game against Carleton University.

Yes, I want another crack at you :)

Really solid team both ends. All their offensive guys can give you something and contribute including the bench. This is NOT a team to play when you are barely treading water with limited bodies.

They were clearly the better team today and deserve the congrats but it is kinda strange how they didn't have a second game with duke, cuse or unc since Virginia was expected to be one of the top 4-5 teams

Bennett is further proof that the coach makes the program. Look what he did with a bunch of farm boys with funny names back at Wazzu. Virginia will not be a one year wonder.

UV clearly superior, but I don't see either advancing past the round of 16. I think the kids did well this year and are a very likable group. Praying that Jeremy heals and it's neither serious nor chronic.

FalconOne said:
UV clearly superior, but I don't see either advancing past the round of 16. I think the kids did well this year and are a very likable group. Praying that Jeremy heals and it's neither serious nor chronic.

Hmm. Wonder when the last time the ACC regular season champ and a team with under 5 losses both get bounced on the 1st weekend?

You could say they'd both make it to the elite 8 with just as much conviction - and most would take those odds vs what you just posted.

Yep nice post. I'd also like to congratulate UVA on the win, and the ACC title. I knew they were a very good team, and was expecting a dog fight, I just didn't expect to get handled like that in the last 10 minutes. Either way props to them, very well coached, well rounded team. I definitely can see them as a serious Final 4 contender, and has just as good a shot at the title as anyone else. Most of the posters who come over here are classy, and know their hoops, so you guys enjoy it.

Classy posts. Have always respected Syracuse and you guys have been great board hosts in debating the game and season leading up to yesterday.

If I weren't a UVa fan, I probably would have questioned our schedule before yesterday too, but we've got a pretty good team this year. Would have liked to see how yesterday went with Grant at 100%, but you could tell early that just wasn't going to happen.

I've been on the fence about the whole ACC expansion, but this year has changed my mind. Adding Syracuse, Pitt, ND & Louisville next year will do nothing but enhance the ACC brand in hoops, and everyone wins in that situation. Best of luck the rest of the way...unless we see you again in 2 weeks in Greensboro ;)

They put on a clinic. Props to them.

I don't remember EVER seeing a team take so little bad shots. Again, clinic.

Yep they have it all, inside, outside, hustle, determination, embracing of the team concept with little ego evident and great coaching. Speaking of how can you not love that coach. Top notch attitude and ability and LOVE the way he carries himself with him preaching AND living other directed approach without the primping preening in your face look at me approach. That team is the essence of a TEAM.

Whenever we're not up against them or them in our bracket I'll be rooting for the Hoo's. They (most at least) continue the upgrade in the opponent fan exposure and experience I've seen here and in person. Props to them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom