Connor Strachan | Syracusefan.com

Connor Strachan

anomander

Living Legend
Commits to BC. Did have a Syracuse offer. The highest recruit BC has got in some time. Played great at the Rivals camp, and was rated as the best LB overall during their whole camp circuit.

Never did I expect Addazzio to have the recruiting success he is having now. I am shocked. I guess I will be that guy and say it, but BC was obviously in a lot worse state then we were, with even less to work with, and they are still having great success on the recruiting trail. I think we can stop using the coaching staff turnover as an excuse for not getting recruits. Let's hope we start closing on some kids, starting with Klock.

Commits to BC. Did have a Syracuse offer. The highest recruit BC has got in some time. Played great at the camp, and was rated as the best LB overall during their whole camp circuit.

Never did I expect Addazzio to have the recruiting success he is having now. I am shocked. I guess I will be that guy and say it, but BC was obviously in a lot worse state then we were, with even less to work with, and they are still having great success on the recruiting trail. I think we can stop using the coaching staff turnover as an excuse for not getting recruits. Let's hope we start closing on some kids, starting with Klock.
Closing the deal is the most difficult and important part of the process.Even when you think you have a "closed deal" it can go down the toilet fast.We are dealing with kids and their parents which have their own interests. Unscrupulous recruiters will recognize this and turn to illegal recruiting dealings.

Commits to BC. Did have a Syracuse offer. The highest recruit BC has got in some time. Played great at the camp, and was rated as the best LB overall during their whole camp circuit.

Needham is like 15min from BC. I wouldn't stress too much. and look at the kid. if that doesn't scream BC, i don't what does.
http://vmedia./IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/130427_RIVALS_NEWARK_0082_8685180717_O150.JPG

Needham is like 15min from BC. I wouldn't stress too much. and look at the kid. if that doesn't scream BC, i don't what does.
130427_RIVALS_NEWARK_0082_8685180717_O150.JPG
i know he had family play there too, but this is BC. There would be all sorts of excuses if a local kid like that didn't pick Syracuse. Plus this is their 9th recruit. Again this is BC we are talking about coming off a 2-10 season, and a coaching change. People say not to compare ourselves to Alabama, but how about BC?

i know he had family play there too, but this is BC. There would be all sorts of excuses if a local kid like that didn't pick Syracuse. Plus this is their 9th recruit. Again this is BC we are talking about coming off a 2-10 season, and a coaching change. People say not to compare ourselves to Alabama, but how about BC?
Addazio is a GREAT recruiter. He had relatively great classes at freakin' Temple.

He was at temple for 1 season? It was Golden who had the great classes
Which isn't knocking addazzio as a recruiter because I know he was very good at Syracuse... But again this is BC coming off a 2-10 season

Which isn't knocking addazzio as a recruiter because I know he was very good at Syracuse... But again this is BC coming off a 2-10 season
Well, that puts the heat on Shaefer & Co.

Why is there so much handwringing over the number of kids we have in May? Geezus who gives a most of bc's kids suck. Sorry fellows but if you want more highly rated kids you can't have it both ways, those kids are not committing in may.

Why is there so much handwringing over the number of kids we have in May? Geezus who gives a most of bc's kids suck. Sorry fellows but if you want more highly rated kids you can't have it both ways, those kids are not committing in may.

plenty of highly rated kids commit early. that doesn't have anything to do with it

plenty of highly rated kids commit early. that doesn't have anything to do with it

It doesn't really? Where are they committing to? And I'm talking about all of the multi BCS offer kids.

It doesn't really? Where are they committing to? And I'm talking about all of the multi BCS offer kids.

ND, Texas AM, LSU, Texas, Tennessee, Michigan, Florida St, Northwestern, Louisville and Ole Miss all have at least 10, plus there are other schools with 10+, and some of those with more then 10. How many kids are those schools recruiting that don't have multi BCS offers? The rest of the SEC, and most of the ACC have high sinlge digits. BC has 9 commits, Rutgers 11. BC actually has some real good commitments.

That's a great list of top flight schools which Syracuse never competes. THose schools have early commits every year. louisville is strong and just came off a sugar bowl win against florida.

Bc and Rutgers,? please those are mostly nobody kids with no offers. What do early commits prove anyways? Does it equal future success? Did it matter that we got Zach Allen or Gus Edwards last year? No it didn't, signing day is February and the bulk of the kids out there have not committed to anyone.

And if you want kids to commit you need to get them to campus.

That's a great list of top flight schools which Syracuse never competes. THose schools have early commits every year. louisville is strong and just came off a sugar bowl win against florida.

Bc and Rutgers,? please those are mostly nobody kids with no offers. What early commits prove anyways? Does it equal future success? Did it matter that we got Zach Allen or Gus Edwards last year? No it didn't, signing day is February and the bulk of the kids out there have not committed to anyone.

And if you want kids to commit you need to get them to campus.

You asked what too rated kids committed you didn't ask teams we compete against. I pointed out that plenty of highly rated kids are committed to those schools as well as showing plenty of kids with no offers as you put it are committed to schools like BC and Rutgers. The point is the recruiting process has been accelerated a greSt deal the past few years.

You asked what too rated kids committed you didn't ask teams we compete against. I pointed out that plenty of highly rated kids are committed to those schools as well as showing plenty of kids with no offers as you put it are committed to schools like BC and Rutgers. The point is the recruiting process has been accelerated a greSt deal the past few years.

Being accelerated doesn't mean jack though and it doesnt translate to anything. And there's a lot of people out there who believe early commits are a big gamble for any program.

I asked for the list because I knew it would largely comprise the selector schools. Few non selector schools are getting highly rated kids in may.

Being accelerated doesn't mean jack though and it doesnt translate to anything. And there's a lot of people out there who believe early commits are a big gamble for any program.

I asked for the list because I knew it would largely comprise the selector schools. Few non selector schools are getting highly rated kids in may.

I guess we'll agree to disagree . I do think it means something to be ahead of or at least on the curve as far as keeping pace with the current recruitment process. With that said I want to make sure I say that I am not that concerned. I believe this staff is laying the ground work for an early strike next year, I just think their approach from the last staff has differed greatly.

I agree with your post. I think that so many kids de-commit and go elsewhere at the beginning of the signing period that it can cause havoc for the schools. The solution is to have an early signing period. That would make the kids take it a bit more seriously and the schools would be a bit more protected from late defections.

I agree with your post. I think that so many kids de-commit and go elsewhere at the beginning of the signing period that it can cause havoc for the schools. The solution is to have an early signing period. That would make the kids take it a bit more seriously and the schools would be a bit more protected from late defections.

and the schools should make sure they follow through on the LOI process or else everything is going to turn into a big joke. i am actually surprised at the support Matthew Thomas is getting. I believe if he strong arms FSU into giving him his release it's just going to open a door that doesn't need to be opened. Now Eddie VanDerhoos is talking about trying to get his release from ND. These kids need to learn responsibility even if it's forced upon them or this whole process is just going to deteriorate.

and the schools should make sure they follow through on the LOI process or else everything is going to turn into a big joke. i am actually surprised at the support Matthew Thomas is getting. I believe if he strong arms FSU into giving him his release it's just going to open a door that doesn't need to be opened. Now Eddie VanDerhoos is talking about trying to get his release from ND. These kids need to learn responsibility even if it's forced upon them or this whole process is just going to deteriorate.

I have no issue with forcing responsibility onto the kids but what kind of message are you sending them if you allow schools to renew their scholarships annually and can pull them at anytime they wish and not renew them ... lets not pretend the NCAA is responsible ... or the universities for that matter.

People from Bahston (and every Mass. resident says they're from Boston when you first meet them) never let you hear the end of how fackin' awesome they are.

People from Saracuse... well

Of course BC is going to pull Mass kids with a good recruiter.

He was at temple for 1 season? It was Golden who had the great classes

He recruited very well in the short time he was there. BC is in good hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People from Bahston (and every Mass. resident says they're from Boston when you first meet them) never let you hear the end of how fackin' awesome they are.

People from Saracuse... well

Of course BC is going to pull Mass kids with a good recruiter.
F off I'm more awesome than you.

He recruited very well in the short time he was there. BC is in good hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But can he coach?? Personally, I find his sideline antics troubling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom