Consensu reached by Comissioners on Playoff model | Syracusefan.com

Consensu reached by Comissioners on Playoff model

Gotta think this slows any conference movement within the big five. I would think a 12-1 FSU acc champ is greater than a 12-1 big 12 runner up. At least that's my initial take.

Gotta think this slows any conference movement within the big five. I would think a 12-1 FSU acc champ is greater than a 12-1 big 12 runner up. At least that's my initial take.

Agree. Seems fairly clear that FSU's best chance of Final 4 participation is as an ACC team.

This should be interesting to see how it works out in its first year. :D

So I'm a bit confused.

Its based on the current bowl structure. So does this mean we have the current bowl season, then an additional 2 semi-final games followed by a championship game?

Sounds like the existing BCS bowls will rotate the first round (2) games as normal bowl season. Then after the bowls are done, there would be a NC game between the winners of the 2 games. Selection Committee will decide go the 4 are. This Selection Committee is where it can get subjective and someone will feel left out.

8893a48c682d53dfbda3d23850fd36d8_large

yep. common sense will prevail.

The money distribution hasn't been released publicly or I haven't seen it at least. That will be a huge topic.

how about a 12-1 Syracuse...buddy

So, what happens with the Rose Bowl? Big 10 and Pac-12 will fight very hard to keep it for their champions. Or, are the two leagues just conceding that their champs won't be among the top 4 teams? :)

The Rose wouldn't be part of the playoffs. Worst case scenario, it would match up B1G #2 vs PAC12 #2.

Orange Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, and Jerryworld Bowl are all looking for Jan 1 games.

2 bowls host the semi's, 1 gets the SEC #2 vs Bevo #2 game, and hopefully the Orange gets the ACC vs somebody bowl.

NCG held a week later can rotate between all 5.

So, what happens with the Rose Bowl? Big 10 and Pac-12 will fight very hard to keep it for their champions. Or, are the two leagues just conceding that their champs won't be among the top 4 teams? :)

I would guess that in years when the Rose bowl is not one of the two biggies being tapped for the semis, the highest ranked Pac12 and B10 teams, not in the final four, will play in the Rose.

I would guess that in years when the Rose bowl is not one of the two biggies being tapped for the semis, the highest ranked Pac12 and B10 teams, not in the final four, will play in the Rose.
I would leave them out of the playoff structure entirely. They can make their own agreement to match the top available B1G and Pac-12 teams. Which they should be happy with, based on their posturing. To be fair, I'd do the same with the Sugar Bowl, if they want to stay locked into their recent agreement. That leaves the Orange and Fiesta to host the semifinals - a nice east coast and west coast arrangement for TV.

The title game is open for bidding, so all of the above, plus Jerry, etc. could get in on that action.