Conservative second half | Syracusefan.com

Conservative second half

CU44SE

All Conference
Up 21-7 with 2 possessions in a row around the 50 yard line. Didn’t move the ball at all. Got ultra Conservative. The game plan became don’t mess up, let Clemson lose the game. I hate that mentality. You have to be aggressive. Clemson is the better team, you can’t let them hang around all afternoon. At some point you have to put your foot on their neck and go and TAKE the game. We didn’t move the ball, defense was out there a TON and was GASSED!! It was only a matter a time before they broke one. We had a ton of stuff go our way, forcing 4 turnovers. Had great field position most of the day. You are not going to beat Clemson scoring 21 points.

Those 2 personal fouls that extended a drive were BEYOND KILLER!!!! they are punting with roughly 10 minutes down 11. That is what I find most frustrating. That was our game and it feels like we gave it away.

Must have watched a different game that I did. The one I watched Clemson kicked the crap out of our Oline in the second half. Nothing works when they are that overmatched.
Our OL was manhandling them first half. And our OL isn’t undersized. No reason for what happened

Our OL was manhandling them first half. And our OL isn’t undersized. No reason for what happened
They just are not talented. Big yes, but they just looked awful in the 2nd half. Almost got Shrader killed. Just not really talented and make far too many stupid penalties.

Sick Napoleon Dynamite GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I’ll be honest. Second half was hard for me to watch as I was getting ready and driving to a wedding. But no screens to combat the pash rush. The misdirection that worked in the first half. Went away from all that. No trick plays that we have run almost every game. None of that. No scrambling in second half. They made adjustments and we did nothing to combat that.

I’ll be honest. Second half was hard for me to watch as I was getting ready and driving to a wedding. But no screens to combat the pash rush. The misdirection that worked in the first half. Went away from all that. No trick plays that we have run almost every game. None of that. No scrambling in second half. They made adjustments and we did nothing to combat that.

Actually we ran a hell of a trick play on 3rd and inches

They just are not talented. Big yes, but they just looked awful in the 2nd half. Almost got Shrader killed. Just not really talented and make far too many stupid penalties.
The mistakes that really hurt us was Hoeh and Mang. Mang almost got GS killed. They do not throw to Mang. Why not use another tackle to block instead in those situations.

I didn’t understand first down last drive. Terrible effort by mang. But should have never been put in that situation. But it looked like he expected a te slip screen because he didn’t even try to recover in his block. But shrader never looked that way
The mistakes that really hurt us was Hoeh and Mang. Mang almost got GS killed. They do not throw to Mang. Why not use another tackle to block instead in those situations.

Up 21-7 with 2 possessions in a row around the 50 yard line. Didn’t move the ball at all. Got ultra Conservative. The game plan became don’t mess up, let Clemson lose the game. I hate that mentality. You have to be aggressive. Clemson is the better team, you can’t let them hang around all afternoon. At some point you have to put your foot on their neck and go and TAKE the game. We didn’t move the ball, defense was out there a TON and was GASSED!! It was only a matter a time before they broke one. We had a ton of stuff go our way, forcing 4 turnovers. Had great field position most of the day. You are not going to beat Clemson scoring 21 points.

Those 2 personal fouls that extended a drive were BEYOND KILLER!!!! they are punting with roughly 10 minutes down 11. That is what I find most frustrating. That was our game and it feels like we gave it away.
Agreed.i was hoping we would take some shots to try and put them away.

21-10 and about 1:33 left in the 3Q when Fuentes “boneheaded” (Blackledges choice of word) late hit out of bounds occurred. So, they are punting with likely a minute or so left in the 3Q, not 10 minutes left in the game.

21-10 and about 1:33 left in the 3Q when Fuentes “boneheaded” (Blackledges choice of word) late hit out of bounds occurred. So, they are punting with likely a minute or so left in the 3Q, not 10 minutes left in the game.
As I said I was driving and things got mixed up. You are right, my apologies. Regardless Clemson won’t touch ball again until 13 minute mark in 4th quarter down 11. And no points in the 3rd quarter. They start pressing.

We missed Chris Elmore today in the backfield protecting Shrader. Ming watched the DE destroy Shrader on the last possession and Hoeh (47) took two costly penalties.

Agreed.i was hoping we would take some shots to try and put them away.
We go up 28-7 and it’s over. Argh !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom