Considering all the complaints about our offense both by "experts" and fans... | Syracusefan.com

Considering all the complaints about our offense both by "experts" and fans...

Charlie

Walk On
And I agree with most that we are struggling on the offensive end, this is hard to believe.

Offensive Standings in the Big East:
Scoring offense: 2nd - behind Marquette
FG %: 1st
3-Point %: 6th - behind SHU, UC, Providence, G-Town, Marquette (not great, but better than I would've guessed)
Assists per game: 2nd - behind Marquette
Assits/Turnover Ratio: 1st

It's surprising how high we rank for many important offensive statistics. I think what this really shows is just how important the turnover/blocked shot is to us. I believe I heard the stat that we are averaging over 22 points per game in transition - that's a huge percentage of our points being mainly lay-ups and dunks. It makes me cringe a little to think what our half court numbers would look like...

Also, I was looking at BE stats re: FTs (I am disappointed how little some of our guys, mainly Waiters, get to the line). Would you believe that ND is averaging like 5 more FTA per game than SU? I think that's for all games not just BE games.

We're first in both offensive and defensive efficiency in BE play. (I think the USF game moved us to first defensively, we were third last week).

But definitely, part of the reason for the offensive rating is all the easy buckets we get from the defense. Though I remember a stat from a month or so back that we were second in the conference in efficiency in the half court, though I am not sure how that is measured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom