Considering the price paid by the PennState Officialswhen they | Syracusefan.com

Considering the price paid by the PennState Officialswhen they

CaliCuse

All American
failed to act promptlywith Sandusky information given to them its a clear indication that regardless of the number of degrees these individuals possess and the amount of $ paid to them,they remain a collection of morons when it comes to making intelligent decisions on a timely basis. Rutgers proves this. At least their administrators have proven this and now are subject to the state review board at Trenton.Considering that the university had atraumatic suicide of a gay kid because of bullying,perceived or real.Add this episode and their reputation is beyond tarnished. I've disliked their program and school for some time. I can now add this to the reasons why they are on my list of schools that get extra derision.

Don't compare the two. No one was hurt by Rice. No life was ruined. A case could be made that the Rutgers A.D. did the right thing. He fined him 50k. He suspended him for three games. And he had a person hired to monitor their practices to make sure it didn't happen again. I would have fired the guy but we are suppose to be a society that gives second chances.

Don't compare the two. No one was hurt by Rice. No life was ruined. A case could be made that the Rutgers A.D. did the right thing. He fined him 50k. He suspended him for three games. And he had a person hired to monitor their practices to make sure it didn't happen again. I would have fired the guy but we are suppose to be a society that gives second chances.
Fining him and firing him are not mutally exclusive.
Don't compare the two. No one was hurt by Rice. No life was ruined. A case could be made that is't kid yourself that words don't hurt people.They affect lives to the end. Look thisn't conjecture its fact. The guy should have been canned the minute the stuff got to their ears and eyes.It is NOT defensible.:crazy::confused:

Fining him and firing him are not mutally exclusive.

Curious how you fine a guy after you're not, ya know - paying him anymore because he's been fired.

They are pretty much mutually exclusive.

Curious how you fine a guy after you're not, ya know - paying him anymore because he's been fired.

They are pretty much mutually exclusive.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? He was on a roll... Man, I love his "work."

Re: no one being hurt. May not be correct, but one of the stories I heard today said that more than one of Rice's players had gone to counseling.