Considering... | Syracusefan.com

Considering...

Cusester

Starter
... a 2 week trip to 1 of

1. Avignon, France
2. Central Portugal
3. Canary Islands

Any advice, experiences and recomendations would be gratefully received. Being a wine lover, leaning toward the Rhone valley but Tenerife fascinates me and Portugal is reportedly the most economical option.

1. Avignon, France
2. Central Portugal
3. Canary Islands

Any advice, experiences and recomendations would be gratefully received. Being a wine lover, leaning toward the Rhone valley but Tenerife fascinates me and Portugal is reportedly the most economical option.
I'm heading off for 1st Euro trip post-covid in 2 weeks and can't wait. Have friends doing Portugal next week and are super excited. I don't know much outside of Nazare and Lisbon. Wife stayed on an airbnb sailboat in Bordeaux a few years ago and absolutely loved it.

I spent a week in Grand Canaria about 10 years ago. Lots of night clubs, alcohol and naked people on the beach, if you are into those three things. It is like a European Provincetown x 1000 shots of steroids but there are equal amounts of gay and hetero people so you don't feel overwhelmed. There is also fishing, golfing, hiking, etc. Driving was stick only, wheel on the passenger side and left side of the road driving. My wife likes driving a stick so she mainly drove, was a little challenging entering roundabouts in the reverse direction.

Needless to say it was an awesome beach vacation. The beaches and dunes went on for miles. Nothing Iike it anywhere else that I know of. We were the only Americans. Mainly Brits and Germans. I don't know if the vibe in Tenerife is the same.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1636054060383.jpg
    FB_IMG_1636054060383.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

1. Avignon, France
2. Central Portugal
3. Canary Islands

Out of the three I have only been to Portugal. I stayed in Sintra and we had a great time. Very close to the beach, lots of history and beautiful architecture. We played golf, ate wonderfully, and did a few wine events. Beautiful country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom