Convince me | Syracusefan.com

Convince me

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
I started following the Orange basketball program as a school kid listening to games on my radio in the '68 - '69 season. That, coincidentally was the last season that started worse than this one. Got my first season tickets as a freshman at Syracuse in 1974 and have not missed more than a handful of home games (basketball or football) since then despite moving to the Southern Tier in 1980.

So convince me why I should take a 3 hour round trip 9 more times this year, spend about $20 in gas each game plus concessions / meals and watch this.
Of the eight players active right now at least 4 and as many as 6 won't be back so watching development for the future seems a stretch. Will we see appreciably more from Thompson? Will the lightbulb go on for Frank against ACC competition?
Can we imagine how a blue chip commit will fit in seamlessly and move us forward?
Are there milestone or signature victories that will make the season a success?
Will we playing for NCAA bids or seedings?
Can we extend our near record streak of consecutive winning seasons?

Convince me. Making a compelling case for any of these options.

And don't worry - no pressure. I'll be in Section 123 Wednesday, Saturday and for every one of the remaining games. Just need a reason to smile while I am doing it.

Because your a fan who wants to go and support these kids and it gets us through the winter months. JB will not reach 1000 wins this year, but I know I'll be at every home game until the final whistle, and plan on going to some away games too. The guards just are not defending and we are missing easy buckets. I would like to think this will improve, but I fear this will be a long year.

Because you're a real fan, and real fans support their team for better or for worse. We've been fortunate that our "worse" in B'ball hadn't really been that bad. Now that it is, we have to show what we're made of and be there no matter what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom