Cooler Heads | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cooler Heads

Anytime a receiver can get his hands on the ball he needs to catch it.
There isn't a QB alive who makes a perfect throw every time.
Agreed. People expect Garrett to be Joe Montana. Very simple, on the Cooper throw he put it where Cooper could catch it and Cooper didn't make that play. To be clear I am not going to hammer Cooper either because he usually does make the catch. Garrett is completing 70% of his passes and is one of the best QBs in the nation this season. Yeah you wish he looked off receivers sometimes and yeah if he could throw it out of bounds when forced out that would be nice but to be clear we aren't jack close to being undefeated up to this game without him. He is our QB, live with it. Some of you act like you know more than Coach Anae, Beck and Dino about this which let me say to avoid any confusion you don't.

Last edited:
We've got nobody outside of Gadsden. Everytime Cooper catches the ball he seems surprised there is any space to make a play
Garret even said in the postgame that he’s hoping a second player from the receiving corps will step up. Not in regard to Cooper but just in general. When your QB1 is saying that, it’s an issue. We definitely someone else to gain his (or Anae’s) confidence.

Garret even said in the postgame that he’s hoping a second player from the receiving corps will step up. Not in regard to Cooper but just in general. When your QB1 is saying that, it’s an issue. We definitely someone else to gain his (or Anae’s) confidence.
Hatcher

I held off on posting for a bit for the most part. Because, in my experience, emotional words are typically ill advised and regrettable.

As I think more about this game, sure I’m disappointed, but how can you not be proud of this team?

These guys are fighters. And for two and a half quarters, we took it to Clemson. We were more physical. We were the bullies. We rattled them.

Our guys fought, and they fought damn hard.

We are legit. And if we can stay healthy enough, we’re going to show people that.

One game at a time, sure, but is there a game on the slate that makes you more nervous than Clemson at Death Valley? And we were every bit the team as they were on the field.

We belong.

Hats off to the team and the coaches. We can all nitpick different things and Monday Morning QB it. I’m just happy to have a team filled with dawgs that can get the job done.

F**k of a lot more fun than most of the last 25 years.

Go get em boys.
Great post Finwad32 I always enjoy reading your perspective.

He’s right, you know.

The critics doubted us all week and we proved them wrong. We proved we belong. Forget the way we lost. This was still as good of an outcome as you could expect with a loss. I don’t see us dropping much in the polls - if at all - and still think we have a real shot with GameDay next week. We won over a lot of doubters today.

Yet the people blaming this game on the refs, or one play call in the first quarter, who I imagine are the same people who thought it was a big deal that we weren’t ranked one or two spots higher in the polls…it’s as if deep down you’re admitting that the critics were right. That this season has been a fluke and we needed to win today or we needed to be ranked ahead of Wake and Oklahoma State because we have to maximize every result this season. You know, because this will never happen again.

Konrad nailed it, though. This isn’t the end, it’s the beginning. We’re going to have more chances in the future and we’re going to win a lot of those games. Count on it.

I keep seeing multiple posters state that there are plenty of open receivers in most games, especially Tucker, that Garret doesn't pass to. What is the truth?

I keep seeing multiple posters state that there are plenty of open receivers in most games, especially Tucker, that Garret doesn't pass to. What is the truth?
My hunch is he’s talking about what they’re seeing in practice consistently.

This game was eerily similar to our heartbreak 2018 loss. Take a big lead, remove their QB, and second half can no longer function on offense, or stop their running attack. Even that massive sack on Shrader looked like the massive sack on Dungey...that sounded weird, but you know what I mean.

I held off on posting for a bit for the most part. Because, in my experience, emotional words are typically ill advised and regrettable.

As I think more about this game, sure I’m disappointed, but how can you not be proud of this team?

These guys are fighters. And for two and a half quarters, we took it to Clemson. We were more physical. We were the bullies. We rattled them.

Our guys fought, and they fought damn hard.

We are legit. And if we can stay healthy enough, we’re going to show people that.

One game at a time, sure, but is there a game on the slate that makes you more nervous than Clemson at Death Valley? And we were every bit the team as they were on the field.

We belong.

Hats off to the team and the coaches. We can all nitpick different things and Monday Morning QB it. I’m just happy to have a team filled with dawgs that can get the job done.

F**k of a lot more fun than most of the last 25 years.

Go get em boys.
I normally wait until the next day to respond or post. We are all reactionary during the game and a little after. Good points my man.

I normally wait until the next day to respond or post. We are all reactionary during the game and a little after. Good points my man.
I stopped posting last night. Still processing and massively disappointed. Probably the first time this year I’ve questioned Dr. Anae’s play calling. I’ve no idea what he was seeing, but Tucker getting 6 carries was criminally negligent. This same Clemson team had fits stopping fsu’s running game, and we went away from our biggest weapon, into passing game square-peg-round-hole mode? That’s been eating at me.
Season’s not over by any means, but it’s one thing to prove you belong, quite another to give away a win. LGO.

Last edited:
I don't think our receiving core is weak at all.
Really? I can provide statistics showing Gadsden is a good Wr. Can you pull up some stats that show the same of any of our others?

Your right! Wait...Except that whenever they throw it to Alford he makes a great play.
I disagree. He drops some routines throws too. He lacks consistency. Coaches dont like unpredictablity. QB's dont like it either. Alford makes some flash plays. They just dont trust him to routinely do it. Thats not on the coaches. Thats on him.

I stopped posting last night. Still processing and massively disappointed. Probably the first time this year I’ve questioned Dr. Anae’s play calling. I’ve no idea what he was seeing, but Tucker getting 6 carries was criminally negligent. This same Clemson team had fits stopping fsu’s running game, and we went away from our biggest weapon, into meathead square-peg-round-hole mode? That’s been eating at me.
Season’s not over by any means, but it’s one thing to prove you belong, quite another to give away a win. LGO.
Agree. Its obvious Tucker should have got more touches. I have to re watch the whole game on offense to see why Anae chose this approach.

Your right! Wait...Except that whenever they throw it to Alford he makes a great play.

He does a great job with deep ball passes, have to find away to get him more involved or get a younger guy on the field. Can't be all Gadsden all the time

I disagree. He drops some routines throws too. He lacks consistency. Coaches dont like unpredictablity. QB's dont like it either. Alford makes some flash plays. They just dont trust him to routinely do it. Thats not on the coaches. Thats on him.
Looked like Alford went out of the game with injury after that great catch. Maybe Garrett would have gone right back to him if still in the game.

Looked like Alford went out of the game with injury after that great catch. Maybe Garrett would have gone right back to him if still in the game.
Yes. Good chance. He seems to make those acrobatic catches when needed. Its just not a sure thing. High risk, high reward thing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom