Cooney is our best player going into next year | Syracusefan.com

Cooney is our best player going into next year

Seriously - if things are so bad here, go root for any one of those teams that makes it to the FF every single year.

Oh wait...

Why do you even post? Take a break. You are embarrassing yourself.

Put down your orange Kool-Aid and look at the facts
so ur ready to bet 100 g of ur own money that TC leads us in scoring andor is our best defender? good luck on that bet

Put down your orange Kool-Aid and look at the facts

Grant isn't leaving and you don't know anything about the bench players or the kids that are coming in.

Just my orange color coming out of me...Why can't you be a bit positive in any of your posts? You sound like a 8 year old child who was disappointed at Christmas!

Cmac is going to be the best player on the team the minute he arrives.

A couple of years ago in a post game presser JB was asked a question on a kids high school ranking and he said "He has never made 1 play in college basketball"

Look at how many players we have next year that fit that (Roberson, Patterson, Johnson, Joseph, CMAC, Obokoh and even Coleman hasn't done anything in 2 years)

Team leaders (Cooney, Rock and Gbinije)

And for Ennis and Grant, who was the last projected lottery pick to say no to the NBA and return to Syracuse the next season?

And for Ennis and Grant, who was the last projected lottery pick to say no to the NBA and return to Syracuse the next season?

Here is a question for you. Who was the only bonehead on this board to sell Buffalo tickets before the brackets were even announced? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

What is the point of this thread? This is the second thread in as many days from the OP that has me scratching my head. What the heck?

McCullough says hi. Roberson is also in the running. In fact Roberson had the most talent on this year's team, but it wasn't cultivated.

If that is true, then we are at best the 4th best team in the ACC next year. Duke, UNC, UVA at minimum will be better.

What did you think of the prospects for that 2010 team during March/April 2009?

Note - I do not expect a team w/o Grant or Ennis can be good to that level, but it does provide an example of a team rising well above expectations,

If that is true, then we are at best the 4th best team in the ACC next year. Duke, UNC, UVA at minimum will be better.
What exactly are you basing this on? You've already decided McCullough isn't anything special, apparently, despite ample evidence suggesting otherwise?

The dude has lottery pick talent for 2015. I'll take that quite happily.

Not saying you're wrong; but UVA loses Joe Harris and Akili Mitchell; although the rest of their rotation are mostly freshman and sophomores this year

This may be true, but doesn't guarantee he has a large impact on next year's results, as you need to play in the games to do so - And the best/most talented players don't always get that opportunity if they are Freshmen on a Boeheim team. Consider...

It was said how Roberson may be most talented player on team this year - yet, he played just 73 mins in 11 of 18 conference games this year.

It could be argued Michael Carter-Williams was most talented player on 2011-12 team (him or Dion Waiters), yet MCW played just 96 mins in 12 of 18 conference games. (While Dion played 454 mins - compared with Scoop's 477 mins & Triche's 409 mins.)

It could be argued Dion Waiters was most talented player on 2010-11 team, yet Dion only played 273 mins in 17 of 18 conference games. (While Scoop played 605 mins & Triche played 535 mins.)

I've never seen McCullough play, but based strictly on what I've heard I would imagine he could be our best player if both Grant and Ennis leave. But it's true he hasn't played a second of college ball. We also don't know how much this year's freshmen will improve. I don't think the OP is that out of line in his opinion.

Don't forget about Louisville. Next year could be a grind. The Ville, NC and Duke each have top 5 recruiting classes.

McCullough's own coach at IMG has said "Chris won't dominate the ACC his first year, he has a lot to learn"

This is not a scout or ESPN insider this is his own coach

Don't forget about Louisville. Next year could be a grind. The Ville, NC and Duke each have top 5 recruiting classes.
You are correct. I absolutely forgot about Lville. So at best, we will likely be the 5th best team, at least during conference season. We'll see come postseason though.

Not saying you're wrong; but UVA loses Joe Harris and Akili Mitchell; although the rest of their rotation are mostly freshman and sophomores this year
And they aren't losing Tony Bennett.

HarrisonJBounel said:
And they aren't losing Tony Bennett.

And we aren't losing JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online