Cooney Kudos... | Syracusefan.com

Cooney Kudos...

newmexicuse

All Conference
I really loved the way he played today. Not just the trey shooting, but the way he attacked the rim, the way he helped with bringing the ball up, his D, and, of course, his game winning assist to Rak.

All in all, I think this was easily the finest overall game of his career.

The important thing for Trevor is to realize and implement the other things that he can do on those days when his shot his not falling.

The biggie - has he turned the corner or was this just a one & done big hurrah like the ND game was last season ????????????

I think he finally know's his role and he's comfortable with it. I've always thought he wanted to be more than just "the shooter"; he's getting the freedom to do other things and he looks more confident now than ever. I personally think he's turned a corner, but we'll see.

He was the consistency and glue guy out there late. A calming influence despite his aggressive nature. Him and Rak ... leadership for the younger guys.

We all praise him this game. Don't revert if he has another bad one. We know what he can do. This game hopefully springs him to more consistency in exhibiting his full range of talents on the floor.

I think its great that TC played well in this game. However, historically, he hasn't been a model of consistency in games. I hope I'm wrong but would anyone be surprised if he reverted to the inconsistent TC (offensively) the next game?

I'm all for TC doing more ball handling and driving - he did that well last year as well as this year in limited minutes. I also like his pull-up, which he seems to hit with more regularity than his 3-point shot, mainly because its a more open shot for him when he drives and pulls up (although he missed that baseline jumper). He's also a very vocal leader and has experience and these things, even if his 3 point shots are falling, bring positive tangibles to the team. At least that's what I believe :)

night and day difference when he doesn't fade away on his shot. squares up and scores---.

Yesterday, he was a basketball player. A guard, not just a shooting guard.

Nice to see.

And many of his vocal critics--the ones who claim that he is a D3 player--are conveniently silent.
I have been one of his many critics (not that he wasn't a D1 player, though), but that he had to be more than just a shooting guard. Syracuse has a long history of capable combo guards and Cooney absolutely has to be one in order for this team to have a chance at winning. He can't just run sideline to sideline and catch/shoot or pass back to the PG. I don't know if that's on him or on the coaches, but I'd definitely be in favor of him running the offense a little more.

More of yesterday, please.

He's still not as good as Air Bud.
Now that's just an unfair standard.

Probably Cooney's best all around game yesterday. We needed all of it.

Man when he hits that shot on the designed out of bounds play - thing of beauty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom