Cooney needs to help out | Syracusefan.com

Cooney needs to help out

PhatOrange

Living Legend
And make some shots. Clang clang clang. His minutes don't justify his production.

I know we made a billion mistakes but we simply couldn't make shots yet again. It doesn't matter if it's a bunny or a wide open 3. We don't make shots.

Flip side it was another game where I felt like no matter what Cal tossed up it was going to go in. Fade away nba 3's, falling down backwards shots in the lane. It was ridiculous.

Until we start getting the ball to fall we'll stink. I'd sacrifice defense for 85 point shootouts. Two years running now we have no shooters or players who can put up points.

This^.

Cooney takes a lot of schtick on this board, but it all has a basis. He does not contribute enough out there to warrant the minutes. It's unfortunate but it's true.

He is a spaz. I feel bad talking poorly about the guy because I am sure he is as frustrated as any, but again, this is a message board, and criticism plays a role.

You guys are insane. He was the only guy who looked remotely confident out there last night. Should be leading us in minutes, along with Rak.

Agree with the O for D trade though. Getting soooo sick of struggling to get to 60.

Cooney is one of three on the roster that understand the zone. Until that changes, better get used to him getting that many minutes.

Do you ever watch Cooney on offense, or do you just follow the ball? He gets wide open in the corner frequently but, unlike last year, never gets the ball for an open, uncontested shot. The shots he is clanging are often not good shots to take, but they are the only ones his teammates are giving him.

Do you ever watch Cooney on offense, or do you just follow the ball? He gets wide open in the corner frequently but, unlike last year, never gets the ball for an open, uncontested shot. The shots he is clanging are often not good shots to take, but they are the only ones his teammates are giving him.

This team needs a lot of work, but its main problem is inability to make relatively easy shots, man last nght was absolutely brick city. The early games, although wins also showed problems in making simple shots. I do not understand how a player gets to this level and can not make easy shots, concentration or what. They missed lay ups and dunks for crying out loud.

Cooney is not shooting that well, but who is better? Who would posters recommend over Cooney? Don't think Patterson is ready to take more minutes and Boeheim has elected to use Gbinije in a variety of roles, including PG. Who does that leave?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom