Cooney punched? | Syracusefan.com

Cooney punched?

OttoMets

Living Legend
Haven't seen mention of this, but I thought this was as egregious as either of the two late-game fouls. After Cooney grabbed the defensive rebound. The nearest Duke player tried to wrap him up, but Cooney quickly made an outlet to Ennis. The Duke defender then followed through and took a shot at Cooney's ribs.

Trevor went down like a bag of dirt. Grant came running back from our end to check on him; virtually everyone else's attention was on Ennis (who did earn a whistle after getting fouled).

Surprised that I haven't heard anything about this. Also kind of surprised (though maybe I shouldn't be) that the play didn't get reviewed. The punch looked clear to me, completely separate from the act of wrapping Cooney up.

I saw that when I replayed game too but I think it was a play for the ball

Cooney looked like he got speared by Bill Goldberg.

upload_2014-2-3_13-21-10.jpeg

yeah, I also thought Thornton's shove in the back of Fair was a really dangerous play glad that did not result in injury

I didn't see it. But if true someone ought to get that clip and put it on U Tube.

I saw that when I replayed game too but I think it was a play for the ball

I thought the same thing in live action, but on the replay it looks like he's got both arms around him and then pulls back his right and takes a hard jab after the ball is gone.

Wish I were able to get the video onto the computer.

Watch at 1:11 left in the game...Ennis gets fouled going to the line... Cook takes a little jab and Ennis takes a quick jab in return. I'm not sure if it was 1:11 left in the 2 nd half or OT. It was the foul on Plumlee.

They also tackled fair. But that's kosher for duke fans.

Haven't seen mention of this, but I thought this was as egregious as either of the two late-game fouls. After Cooney grabbed the defensive rebound. The nearest Duke player tried to wrap him up, but Cooney quickly made an outlet to Ennis. The Duke defender then followed through and took a shot at Cooney's ribs.

Trevor went down like a bag of dirt. Grant came running back from our end to check on him; virtually everyone else's attention was on Ennis (who did earn a whistle after getting fouled).

Surprised that I haven't heard anything about this. Also kind of surprised (though maybe I shouldn't be) that the play didn't get reviewed. The punch looked clear to me, completely separate from the act of wrapping Cooney up.
I pointed that out in real time in the chat room, but it quickly got buried, and ended up not mattering, in the long run.

Cooney got mugged. And I have watched the replay. Ennise never got touched. It should have been Cooney at the line for the ft's, but since Ennis made both...no worries