Cooney will help us in the coming years. | Syracusefan.com

Cooney will help us in the coming years.

Flacusian

All Conference
Cooney actually played pretty much the way he's played all season tonight. Give the kid a break. He's going to be an important component of this team in the years to come.

Tonight wasn't our night. There were an enormous amount of things that didn't align for us in this game. James was in WFT mode, MCW was certainly less than sharp, and the refs didn't help us out one single bit when it really mattered, au contraire UM was smiled upon in every facet throughout!

He certainly will. He has improved over the season, and has really shown he can play at this level. How much he improves will be interesting to see. Here's hoping he steps up his game and becomes a more reliable shooter, who can work on a dribble drive game over the summer. Even if Gbinije starts over him next year, we need him to step his game up and be a much improved #3 guard next year.

Honestly, I think that other than his shooting (which I think will come around), Trevor played pretty well this season. He scrapped and hustled and played solid defense and came up with some rebounds now and then and handled the ball better than I expected.

He's going to be fine. The people who say he's a "D3 talent" have zero clue.

I will give Cooney the benefit of the doubt. And, I really hope he becomes a big part of the team. But, you have to be kidding yourself if you think he has show much so far. He is still young. However, he came in as a "shooter" and can't even do that. Hope he has a big offseason or he will get passed up next year.

For one thing, he wont be in a more pressure packed situation...hell be ine

I think most people can see Trevor has potential, hes a player we need to improve moving forward especially this year to next when he will likely play big minutes unless SU recruits a late guard for next years class. The issue I have is the minute anyone questions him the apologists come out blasting anyone who dare question the kid. People are literally saying the moment was to big for him on that last play and its not his fault. Who the hells fault is it? No one is blaming Trevor for the loss that would be assinine but that last play really makes me question if Trevor has a high bball IQ.

potential. well there's that. but he better make a huge stride this summer. we now have a body of work on which to grade him and being kind it ain't great. nutshell. looked totally lost all season and can't shoot.

His D has often surprised me in a pleasant way... and he is a redshirt freshman(in other words, young) who has now played in the final 4. I have a feeling we will see good things from him, probably sooner than we did from Southerland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom