Cooney with 12 triples in ~50 hours | Syracusefan.com

Cooney with 12 triples in ~50 hours

It's AWESOME to see a young man do what he has. He not only has bounced back but has taken his offense to another level and threat. Just when many here wanted to throw him under the "bus", he responded. Pun intended by the way. ;)

It will be interesting to watch him the rest of the way. He had a streak this hot at the beginning of last year and cooled off. Can he sustain this level (or at least close to this level) or will he eventually fall into a lengthy slump? He hit some shots tonight that he never hits (some of the moving, sliding jumpers) so I know you can't expect this kind of shooting night in and night out. Looking forward to see how he does as we continue on. I'm a big Trevor fan so real happy to see his confidence so high right now.

It will be interesting to watch him the rest of the way. He had a streak this hot at the beginning of last year and cooled off. Can he sustain this level (or at least close to this level) or will he eventually fall into a lengthy slump? He hit some shots tonight that he never hits (some of the moving, sliding jumpers) so I know you can't expect this kind of shooting night in and night out. Looking forward to see how he does as we continue on. I'm a big Trevor fan so real happy to see his confidence so high right now.
This is night and day compared to last year. He creating his own shot and attacking the rime.

I know - I hope he does. Christmas should be able to get his, but Cooney opens up a lot for everyone else as well. When he went through that 803 game slump it was incredibly painful to watch. This though, nothing but kudos for that kid - he's shooting it so well.

That mid-range jumper seems to be falling as well - having that going in his arsenal makes him all the more dangerous.

Obviously he won't always shoot like this, but as long as we avoid another prolonged slump I'll be very happy. Xmas and Cooney aren't the worst combo ever. :)

It's AWESOME to see a young man do what he has. He not only has bounced back but has taken his offense to another level and threat. Just when many here wanted to throw him under the "bus", he responded. Pun intended by the way. ;)

Many is probably an exaggeration; it was always a minority. But I love everything about his game right now.

Confidence does wonders for some individual's game. Cooney has always been able to shoot like this but he was in his own head. The addition of being able to get to the rim and hit those mid-range jumpers is only helping him. I am pumped for him because we all know he puts the time in and those are the type of guys who usually work through tough times.

He's improved his game immensely. Last year he didn't take it to the hole much and he wasn't creating his own shot. He busted his butt to improve those areas and he has. He has one more step to take and that's finishing better now that he can get to the basket. Whether it happens this year or not, I'm not sure. But be assured he'll bust his butt working on that and next year 2-3 more of those a game will fall. Kid could come close to averaging 20ppg. It's nice to see a 4 year player put in the work to improve facets of his game year over year. Yet a handful of people can't respect that.

Well, he certainly can't sustain averaging 6 treys per game

Funny, Cooney's been playing quite well for a month and his numbers have never been better, but it's after the most McNamara-like game in his career that the board really voices its appreciation for his play.

I guess that's the gold standard - hit some impossible shots while contributing to a second-half comeback, drive to the rim without finishing, and miss 60% of the shots from the field.

He's playing well, but he'll have better nights than yesterday. Once he starts to use his height and leaping ability to create space around the rim, he'll quite possibly average 20 points a game and be an extremely difficult player to guard. Especially if he continues this improvement as a ballhandler (with all this praise don't let it be forgotten that he had five assists and no turnovers last night).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom