Cooney's Tonsils. | Syracusefan.com

Cooney's Tonsils.

I realize this maybe tough news to "swallow", but if this is the only problem we face this year, I will consider us fortunate!

At least now he can't blow a tonsil out in the BE Tournament. I wish it was as simple to remove AO's quad back in October of '09.

"You have a uvula, I have a uvula, all God's children have a uvula"

- Barney Fife

As long as he doesn't down a gallon of ice cream a day...not that I would do that.

Due to soft tissue repair, the recovery is prolonged and painful (compared to pediatric patients)... The concern will be his ability to ingest food/nutrients. If he is impaired, his body will protect itself by storing fat and burning muscle to sustain core systems... Most adults with this procedure lose a significant amount of weight and muscle. When he returns, the concern will be muscle strains/tears due to the atrophy.

Due to soft tissue repair, the recovery is prolonged and painful (compared to pediatric patients)... The concern will be his ability to ingest food/nutrients. If he is impaired, his body will protect itself by storing fat and burning muscle to sustain core systems... Most adults with this procedure lose a significant amount of weight and muscle. When he returns, the concern will be muscle strains/tears due to the atrophy.

Jeez, who invited Debbie Downer to this party??? Why don't we just put him in a wheelchair and pick out a cemetery plot for him, too? ;)

Jeez, who invited Debbie Downer to this party??? Why don't we just put him in a wheelchair and pick out a cemetery plot for him, too? ;)

Well hey, look at the bright spot, at least he's out of surgery! You know, along those worst case scenerio possibilities, he got past those potential anesthesia risks... ;)