Cory Alexander... | Syracusefan.com

Cory Alexander...

supp

Hall of Fame
Not a huge fan of his delivery but the dude knows what he's talking about. Definitely not phoning it in.

I assume they talk about that in a post-game review. He really hung the PBP guy out to dry.

He basically apologized later, then made a comment about them arguing enough already to start one again. He must have gotten scolded at some point. Maybe halftime?

I assume they talk about that in a post-game review. He really hung the PBP guy out to dry.

I’ve not heard that kind of calling out before. Thought for sure that comment would get a callback reference when Tyus was shown with 8 assists at the end of the game but nope,

He talks a lot. But it isn't often nonsense or fluff.

dude is solid. seems as though no analyst is good enough for most people unless they are a mad homer in favor of SU...akin to those joke NFL home broadcasters that are screaming YEAH>..while the play is going on and you cant even tell whats going on.

Last time he talked about how he LOVED SU in high school, but SU had Red Autry, so he went to UVa instead

yet they were nothing alike as players. Autry was a power guard , not known for his outside shot and Alexander was a dead eye long distance shooter. Could have been room for both

Did anybody then watch the UW vs. Oregon game, featuring the increasing bizarre Bill Walton as the color guy?

I didn't know if I as watching basketball game of listening to a retrospective on The Grateful Dead or Woodstock.

You can't tell me that recreational drugs don't have some sort of long-lasting impact. Walton is proof positive,

But he does know something about basketball, so pearls of wisdom are interspersed among the ramblings.

Did anybody then watch the UW vs. Oregon game, featuring the increasing bizarre Bill Walton as the color guy?

I didn't know if I as watching basketball game of listening to a retrospective on The Grateful Dead or Woodstock.

You can't tell me that recreational drugs don't have some sort of long-lasting impact. Walton is proof positive,

But he does know something about basketball, so pearls of wisdom are interspersed among the ramblings.

Not all "recreational drugs" are created equal. He's probably done too much acid which never really leaves you completely.

Not all "recreational drugs" are created equal. He's probably done too much acid which never really leaves you completely.

Having gone to SU in the 1960's and living through that era, I watched dedicated pot smokers lose both motivation, attention span and short term memory. A little bit won't hurt you, I guess. But I don't need any studies to reinforce what I saw with my own eyes.

When people watched "Cheech and Chong", they laughed because they recognized a lot of the behavior.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Everything has a price.

yet they were nothing alike as players. Autry was a power guard , not known for his outside shot and Alexander was a dead eye long distance shooter. Could have been room for both

Might have been room for both, but Alexander's version of the story is that when Autry came here, he opted to go elsewhere to play / start.

Having gone to SU in the 1960's and living through that era, I watched dedicated pot smokers lose both motivation, attention span and short term memory. A little bit won't hurt you, I guess. But I don't need any studies to reinforce what I saw with my own eyes.

When people watched "Cheech and Chong", they laughed because they recognized a lot of the behavior.

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Everything has a price.

"dedicated pot smokers". vs dedicated...pot smokers.

"dedicated pot smokers". vs dedicated...pot smokers.

Hey, I'm not against it. But the negative impacts are pretty well understood.

Other effects, according to the NIH (National Institute of Health), include:
  • Feelings of panic and fear (paranoia)
  • Hallucinations
  • Trouble concentrating
  • Decreased ability to perform tasks that require coordination
  • Decreased interest in completing tasks
When coming down from the high, users may feel depressed or extremely tired. While marijuana use produces a mellow experience (users are sometimes referred to as "stoners") for some, it can heighten agitation, anxiety, insomnia and irritability, according to the NIH.

Hey, I'm not against it. But the negative impacts are pretty well understood.

Other effects, according to the NIH (National Institute of Health), include:
  • Feelings of panic and fear (paranoia)
  • Hallucinations
  • Trouble concentrating
  • Decreased ability to perform tasks that require coordination
  • Decreased interest in completing tasks
When coming down from the high, users may feel depressed or extremely tired. While marijuana use produces a mellow experience (users are sometimes referred to as "stoners") for some, it can heighten agitation, anxiety, insomnia and irritability, according to the NIH.

these are also all true of being hungry.

these are also all true of being hungry.
Sure. They are also true of badly needing to go to the bathroom.

But the difference is that in these two cases, the impacts are pretty short-lived. They don't resemble longer term states the NIH observed.

I'm the original "Flexible Flyer". Do what you want to do, Steve. There's absolutely no skin off my nose. Just don't kid yourself.

Have a younger relative going down the list of consequences written above. Sad to watch as it is destroying that dreaded "potential" we all saw in the young man.

Have a younger relative going down the list of consequences written above. Sad to watch as it is destroying that dreaded "potential" we all saw in the young man.

I'm an old guy. When I look back at the many friends I have had and people I have known whose lives turned out to be train wrecks, alcohol, drugs including pot, and sex were huge factors.

Some people can handle a little of it. Those who cannot pay huge penalties.

I'm an old guy. When I look back at the many friends I have had and people I have known whose lives turned out to be train wrecks, alcohol, drugs including pot, and s e x were huge factors.

Some people can handle a little of it. Those who cannot pay huge penalties.

Any chance we can get back to talking about the subject of the thread? I hear being distracted is one of the big side effects of the wacky tabakky. You might be suffering some long-lasting effects here.

I’m surprised at how many like Alexander. He drives me crazy, can’t be silent, that Battle mistake ad nauseum (don’t you watch the games?)- loves to hear himself speak. I will try to give him another chance, grudgingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom