Could a Big East Network have worked 10 years ago? | Syracusefan.com

Could a Big East Network have worked 10 years ago?

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
I know it would be more complicated with basketball/Football mix, but Gavitt was way ahead of his time with getting the big markets together.

I know it would be more complicated with basketball/Football mix, but Gavitt was way ahead of his time with getting the big markets together.

But very short sighted in realizing football was more important. There is no reason for not having THE predominant conference in the east.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There is no reason for not having THE predominant conference in the east.
Well, ONE reason.
Providence_RI_Jessica_Pollak.jpeg

An interesting question. The Big East braintrust clearly underestimated the value of football at the critical juncture.

IMHO, they needed to get Penn State in near the inception of the Big East (and would have needed to uncover the P e d o p h I l I aring that it was). Had they done that I think they would have been among the survivors - and perhaps even lured Notre Dame in for football.

I agree with Boeheim here - geographic disparity won't work well intra-conference.

They had the Bis East Network and sold the rights to ESPN. They should have bought the rights to ESPN and recognized football would be a good addition to the network, as well as lacrosse and baseball. Ahhhhhh, what could have been...

An interesting question. The Big East braintrust clearly underestimated the value of football at the critical juncture.

IMHO, they needed to get Penn State in near the inception of the Big East (and would have needed to uncover the P e d o p h I l I aring that it was). Had they done that I think they would have been among the survivors - and perhaps even lured Notre Dame in for football.

I agree with Boeheim here - geographic disparity won't work well intra-conference.

Until the conferences are so big they'll be able to put the natural rivals back together again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom