Could be worse, we could be having Indiana's troubles | Syracusefan.com

Could be worse, we could be having Indiana's troubles

Dave85

Living Legend
I was just going to post this before I saw you did. Quote of the year - "We're Indiana. We don't play in the CBI." - well then maybe you should be good enough to make the freaking NIT.

It's a pretty awful thing to say. That means they will never get invited to the CBI again!

Totally disrespectful response by the AD. You respectfully decline the invitation behind the scenes.

Tell the media, that after fully assessing the situation the CBI is not the right thing for our program right now.

People will know why you declined, but you don't come off as an arrogant AD / program in public ... the last thing you want to do is appear arrogant coming off a year you are not good enough for the NIT.

Totally disrespectful response by the AD. You respectfully decline the invitation behind the scenes.

Tell the media, that after fully assessing the situation the CBI is not the right thing for our program right now.

People will know why you declined, but you don't come off as an arrogant AD / program in public ... the last thing you want to do is appear arrogant coming off a year you are not good enough for the NIT.

A program like Indiana shouldn't be playing in those tournaments, they are for teams like James Madison or Rutgers. I would expect Gross to decline the cbi if we were ever in that situation.

tom-crean-kiss.jpg

Well, they can kiss this season good-bye!

A program like Indiana shouldn't be playing in those tournaments, they are for teams like James Madison or Rutgers. I would expect Gross to decline the cbi if we were ever in that situation.

I don't think its disrespectful to turn down the CBI

I think its disrespectful to act arrogant about turning it down in the media. Is it that hard for the AD to take the high road?

If an AD lacks the mental capabilities to handle a simple media situation without embarassing the school, no wonder the program is struggling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom