Could EMU be one of the lowest attended games in a long time. | Syracusefan.com

Could EMU be one of the lowest attended games in a long time.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Middle game of a three in five day stretch. Team not playing well. Despite Rob Murphy, more buzz with Johnnies and Chris Mullin. Of course no students either.

Eh, probably can't be lower than those early-season conference games last year when they only sold/distributed/pretended to distribute 15,000 for Clemson and a couple other opponents.

They sold more season tickets coming off the Final Four, so the announced number will be higher.

That said, it took a long time to find takers for two of our extras yesterday, and I'm not that excited to spend two nights at the Dome during what's a very busy week for me. I feel worse for the players - imagine how much they enjoy hanging out on an empty campus at Christmastime and playing in front of the smallest crowds of the year.

EMU took Pitt to OT. Imagine if the worst happens tonight? Would we see another 20,000 crowd all year?

My daughter and I are going, as we go to every game. But boy, this has been the toughest pre-season I can remember in a couple decades. And if we feel this way, how must the team feel?

As fan...atics...much worse. ;):)

EMU took Pitt to OT. Imagine if the worst happens tonight? Would we see another 20,000 crowd all year?

If we lose tonight, I can't imagine the meltdown that would take place.

My daughter and I are going, as we go to every game. But boy, this has been the toughest pre-season I can remember in a couple decades. And if we feel this way, how must the team feel?

Based on what I have seen posted by some players on social media, not too bad. Granted, it's social media.

I go to Pitt but I'm still a die hard Cuse basketball fan. All I have to say is EMU will not be a cupcake game. They have 10 transfer students and a lot of experience. They have about four or five players that are capable of going off on any given night. Ray Lee put the team on his back against Pitt and they really should have won all things considered. We need to get ahead early and stay ahead against EMU if we want to right the ship after our 2-4 cold spell in our last six games. They have the firepower to claw their way back into the game even if they get down.

F Earl Boykins. I'm kidding, he seems pleasant.

I just want to feel good about Syracuse sports again. Since we beat VT two months ago, it's been nothing but heartache.

I go to Pitt but I'm still a die hard Cuse basketball fan. All I have to say is EMU will not be a cupcake game. They have 10 transfer students and a lot of experience. They have about four or five players that are capable of going off on any given night. Ray Lee put the team on his back against Pitt and they really should have won all things considered. We need to get ahead early and stay ahead against EMU if we want to right the ship after our 2-4 cold spell in our last six games. They have the firepower to claw their way back into the game even if they get down.
OCC wouldn't be a cupcake game.

Eh, probably can't be lower than those early-season conference games last year when they only sold/distributed/pretended to distribute 15,000 for Clemson and a couple other opponents.

They sold more season tickets coming off the Final Four, so the announced number will be higher.

That said, it took a long time to find takers for two of our extras yesterday, and I'm not that excited to spend two nights at the Dome during what's a very busy week for me. I feel worse for the players - imagine how much they enjoy hanging out on an empty campus at Christmastime and playing in front of the smallest crowds of the year.
Well, ya know, they need the practice!

I just want to feel good about Syracuse sports again. Since we beat VT two months ago, it's been nothing but heartache.
Eric, these are indeed hard times. For me, the anxiety/misery of Trump

Eric, for me the anxiety/misery of Trump + uncertainty/misery of basketball = "unpresidented" Beadle misery. A seemingly endless season heading nowhere, coupled with no exciting recruits for next year, added to Boeheim's retirement multiplied by Hopkin's unknown properties and we have Darkness to the Infinith Power!

Now, having typed that, I feel ashamed. People all over the planet - and the very planet itself! - are undergoing way more trials and tribulations than I am, and although I am just one very insignificant soul, I do believe that I can be a positive force or a negative force. So, I am working on this! (If I get anywhere, I'll let you know.)

In the meantime, I am going to the game tonight and cheering. And actually, Boeheim's teams have surprised before. I am certainly open to them surprising again. Oh Santa, please, puh-leeeeeease!

If we lose tonight, I can't imagine the meltdown that would take place.
There won't be any meltdown. Everyone has pretty much accepted that this year is a lost cause at this point. And I'd never thought this day would come on the basketball board.

FrancoPizza said:
Everyone has pretty much accepted that this year is a lost cause at this point.

Speak for yourself.

There won't be any meltdown. Everyone has pretty much accepted that this year is a lost cause at this point. And I'd never thought this day would come on the basketball board.

I have accepted what this team is, I could not accept losing to E Michigan at home.