Couldn't be happier that we got past GT but Louisville is | Syracusefan.com

Couldn't be happier that we got past GT but Louisville is

CaliCuse

All American
going to require a miracle of biblical proportions After four straight games in a row. I'm thinking that CJ's horrific game was due to fatigue more that GT's defense. We need another big performance from someone in the center spot. Or a break out game from Trevor. If we win the final BE Championship trophy it would be fitting and historic.SUball

Well I think we already got the breakout game from Trevor, although how cool would it be if this starts him on fire. Lost in our great wins has been the fact that Rak is in a complete tailspin right now. I really hope he can break out of that. We will certainly need him against Dieng tonight and of course going forward. He's been a basket case in this tourney though. I also do not expect CJ to be poor again tonight. MCW will be better tonight too, has to be.

going to require a miracle of biblical proportions After four straight games in a row. I'm thinking that CJ's horrific game was due to fatigue more that GT's defense. We need another big performance from someone in the center spot. Or a break out game from Trevor. If we win the final BE Championship trophy it would be fitting and historic.SUball
Dude, wrong thinking.

Do you think Louisville is not tired, also?

You have to look at the fatigue factor from BOTH sides.

Then you have to STOP thinking WE are tired. THEY are.

Dude, wrong thinking.

Do you think Louisville is not tired, also?

You have to look at the fatigue factor from BOTH sides.

Then you have to STOP thinking WE are tired. THEY are.
We played one more game than the Ville did. Plus, our game vs G-town took more out of us than their game vs ND did to them. Having said that, we win or we lose. It won't be because of fatigue.

I have never played college ball so I may be wrong here, but I never bought the whole oh they lost because their fatigued. These are 18-24 year old kids in their athletic prime. Fatigue should not be a reason you lose a game.

We beat them before and we can do it again. Biblical proportions? You are silly.

Go Cuse!

louisville has had two games against softer foes while we have had 1 softer game and two wars.. there is little they can throw at us that could catch us off guard. If our guys still have the legs and keep executing on offense we can shut down their often anemic offense. the only thing i worry about is turnovers off the press.. which can be a problem with tired legs. as long as we dont feed their fast break we should have a shot to win at the end.

Biblical Proportions? I think you are overstating it a little. Siva is a poor matchup against our guards. I expect a tough game tonight. Either way I am proud of how the team has performed win or lose. Obviously, a win would be great but we shall see.

I think many forget how formidable Ville was expected to be in the preseason. They had their share of injuries which made them slide a bit early on, but stormed back. At full health, they might be the best team in the country

The Cards are one of the hottest teams in the country right now. Going down the stretch against BE foes, they have won 9 in a row and 12/13 (the only loss being the 5 OT game @ ND). You can count on Siva sucking again, but this will be a war.

We match up very well against this Louisville team. Siva and to a lesser a degree Russ Smith struggle against the size of our guards. If James continues to provide a score punch from the outside I like our chances. I am very curious to see if they continue to zone us, because I don't believe their guards can effect James' shot from the top of the zone. Remember James and CJ were very effective in our last game, but Triche and MCW were terrible still we only lost by 5. If they choose to play man to put more height on James CJ and Triche should have more opportunities to beat their man off of the dribble. There is no reason bad about this game!

We beat them before and we can do it again. Biblical proportions? You are silly.

Go Cuse!

And lost by only a few the second time around while playing like absolute crap on offense.

Fatigue hurts a team that presses non stop much more than us, whether it's four games or three games in a row, THEY should be the tired ones

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

then how do you explain his bad performances in the previous 2 gtown games?

hope I'm wrong but I'm sensing a game like the 2009 title game. Just like then it's the 4th game for SU, 3rd for Louisville. SU plays well but runs out of gas.

Man we are so pessimistic sometime. I think we ride momentum. Siva sucks against us in his career. Mcw and cj will play better. James and Brandon will continue to play well. Louisville will have difficulty scoring. I see a similar game to last night.

.0034%

That's the probability that Keita hits his next 7 FTs.

hope I'm wrong but I'm sensing a game like the 2009 title game. Just like then it's the 4th game for SU, 3rd for Louisville. SU plays well but runs out of gas.

Keeping in mind that we played 7 OT's that week ... it was almost the 5th game for SU.

OK, so they have to play 3 games in a row and we have to play 4. I get it. But we beat them at their place and we probably should have beaten them in the Dome. There is no way this would be an upset if we win. In fact, I am expecting us to win. Especially the way we have been playing in NYC.