Couple of comments on the NC State game... | Syracusefan.com

Couple of comments on the NC State game...

Dave85

Living Legend
I'm watching the game again tonight. Check out Gillon winking to someone in the crowd right before he sinks 2 clutch free throws:

gillon_moxie.png

I love this kid's moxie at this point in the game! He really showed some character with this win!

And at the end when they ruled the ball went off of Lydon, they put 1.3 seconds left on the clock. As NC State is trying to prepare for the final shot the stadium blasting the following:

Talk about idiotic distractions for the coach and players trying to setup for a game winning play. I couldn't believe it.

Look at this knucklehead on the bench:

knucklehead.jpg
I'm glad we made him pay for this!

Last edited:
I'm watching the game again tonight. And at the end when they ruled the ball went off of Lydon, they put 1.3 seconds left on the clock. As NC State is trying to prepare for the final shot the stadium blasting the following:

Talk about idiotic distractions for the coach and players trying to setup for a game winning play. I couldn't believe it.

View attachment 88417 I'm glad we made him pay for this!

And check out Gillon winking to someone in the crowd right before he sinks 2 clutch free throws:

View attachment 88418

I love this kid's moxie at this point in the game! He really showed some character with this win!
The man's from Texas.

The man's from Texas.

I love Texas. But if you watch the game again, the music was so loud. And the crowd is screaming the lyrics as well. I was thinking their team's players probably did not hearing a single word Gotthole was saying.

I'm watching the game again tonight. And at the end when they ruled the ball went off of Lydon, they put 1.3 seconds left on the clock. As NC State is trying to prepare for the final shot the stadium blasting the following:

View attachment 88417 I'm glad we made him pay for this!

And check out Gillon winking to someone in the crowd right before he sinks 2 clutch free throws:

View attachment 88418

I noticed the Cab Calloway song, too. Very strange musical selection for a basketball game in 2017.

As an aside, Calloway was a big horse racing fan. I used to see him all the time in the clubhouse at Belmont Park in the 1980s and 90s, always impeccably dressed in a suit.

You're talking about nc state here. Most of their fans just spent a long hard day shoveling manure to save up for their next can of Copenhagen. The song selection is unsurprising.

Well, somehow Rowan got wide open for a three, so whatever they designed worked.

(I was in shock when I saw him, of all people, coming open)

It was like a slow motion car wreck.

You're talking about nc state here. Most of their fans just spent a long hard day shoveling manure to save up for their next can of Copenhagen. The song selection is unsurprising.
Isn't NC St. by Cary and Raleigh?

Enormously built up and suburbanized area lol

I noticed the Cab Calloway song, too. Very strange musical selection for a basketball game in 2017.

As an aside, Calloway was a big horse racing fan. I used to see him all the time in the clubhouse at Belmont Park in the 1980s and 90s, always impeccably dressed in a suit.

That is awesome, I spent many a day at Belmont, I only saw Run DMC there. Which is awesome too of course.

That is awesome, I spent many a day at Belmont, I only saw Run DMC there. Which is awesome too of course.
Very cool. I'll bet those guys spent some time with Cab and were influenced by his work, as he is considered one of the forefathers of hip hop.

The song choice is not the problem. I loved that song in the Blues Brother's movie. My point is how loud they were playing it and singing it while their teams was preparing for a last second play. From an Orange perspective, it was awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom