Couple quick Cornell Points | Syracusefan.com

Couple quick Cornell Points

jordoo

Living Legend
Even though we shot poorly in the 1st half I liked the ball movement and a majority of the shots we took. Also don't forget that of our 14 turnovers 5 where on Rakeem and most to my memory where in the first half which limited shot attempts. I was pleased that between G and the 3 guards we only had 6 turnovers which is pretty good all things considered. Also we were 48%fg 33%3pt for the game which is solid.

Defensively I think we are starting to see some improvements especially in that first half where we blanketed them and for the most part forced them to take the shots we wanted them to which is really the goal of defense. 2nd half we let down a bit but we were on such a roll offensively and the game was in hand that its understandable even if undesirable.

Joseph showed some good things. Patience & understanding offensively which netted us some really good shots after he passed up wide open ones. He didn't have many assists but he often got the ball to the right place where someone else then assisted. He also scored efficiently going 4-6 with no hurried shots and I think he's starting to understand he can almost always get a shot and right now it may be better to at least probe the defense looking for what we want. Still he is going to have to take some of those wiiiiiidddeee open 3's he was gifted at some point this season. He also had a block and 2 steals which was nice to see and an indication that he can effect the game in other ways. The defense is still lacking but I see signs of better effort and understanding there as well.

Chris and Tyler are really going to need to take advantage of all the space and easy opportunities they are going to get going forward if Mike, Trevor and Rakeem continue to play like they are since they will be garnering the majority of defensive attention.

And on to the ACC schedule where we absolutely must get off to a good start and continue to improve.

Edit: Forgot to add that our rebounding specifically in the second half was very lackluster IMO. I didn't check the numbers but it had to be pretty close which along with our turnovers was another reason for the low scoring total.

Haven't had a chance to look at the game yet. Just got back from Boston yesterday where my hubby and I laid on pallets of straw infested with mites hacking our lungs out with the flu. The horses were dropping huge piles of dung next to our heads and those damn barn owls kept dive bombing us! Oh, wait, maybe that was a dream.

I will watch the Cornell game today. Still hacking ... Hope the rest of the gang is well and that our players don't get it. Dear lord, what a thought! We had flu shots but the virus has apparently jumped the shark.

Haven't had a chance to look at the game yet. Just got back from Boston yesterday where my hubby and I laid on pallets of straw infested with mites hacking our lungs out with the flu. The horses were dropping huge piles of dung next to our heads and those damn barn owls kept dive bombing us! Oh, wait, maybe that was a dream.

I will watch the Cornell game today. Still hacking ... Hope the rest of the gang is well and that our players don't get it. Dear lord, what a thought! We had flu shots but the virus has apparently jumped the shark.
Hacking cough is generally not symptomatic of influenza. Flu usually brings on high fever, joint aches, headaches, chills and is notable for its sudden onset. Respiratory symptoms are not usually front and center.

Sounds like you acquired either bacterial or viral bronchitis: really annoying hacking cough, and will take a week to 10 days to clear. You want mucus / phlegm to be thin and loose, so stay hydrated! Hot showers (steam exposure) also work for most.

Good defense but Cornell seemed very content in running most of the shot clock by passing up top in the first half. They attacked better in the second half and #50 had his share of dunk putbacks on us. They also had a lob dunk over the top. Not good.

I agree on our first half offense...good movement and shots...just weren't connecting.

I would have liked to see more pressing by us.

Hacking cough is generally not symptomatic of influenza. Flu usually brings on high fever, joint aches, headaches, chills and is notable for its sudden onset. Respiratory symptoms are not usually front and center.

Sounds like you acquired either bacterial or viral bronchitis: really annoying hacking cough, and will take a week to 10 days to clear. You want mucus / phlegm to be thin and loose, so stay hydrated! Hot showers (steam exposure) also work for most.
Thank you, but the doctor said I had the flu. I had the shakes so bad I couldn't stop my teeth from chattering, high fever, and my nickname in Boston was Phlegmy. Perhaps I should not have used the word "hack." My cough is disgustingly productive. One minute I was fine, the next minute I was sick as hell.

A hot shower is a great idea! For more reasons than one.

Thank you, but the doctor said I had the flu. I had the shakes so bad I couldn't stop my teeth from chattering, high fever, and my nickname in Boston was Phlegmy. Perhaps I should not have used the word "hack." My cough is disgustingly productive. One minute I was fine, the next minute I was sick as hell.

A hot shower is a great idea! For more reasons than one.
Ah, the fever and chills (triggering "shakes") are indeed diagnostic of flu.

Good luck, Peggy Phlegming. Have a Phlegmentine orange - the vitamin C can't hurt.

I just watched the Cornell game. Imagine my delight at Chris' thunder dunk where it looked like he should have broken his arms in half! And Christmas' play all game long - WOW. (Will he be going against Okafor?) And the walk on's 3 at the end of the game! It made me squeal with happiness as I clutched a hot corn bag to my chest.

MCC, the Boston crowd were also quick to pick up on the Peggy Phlegming, so I do congratulate you! However, it must mean you are a little bit old. Most people wouldn't remember the ice skater.

Love, Phlegmmy

MCC, the Boston crowd were also quick to pick up on the Peggy Phlegming, so I do congratulate you! However, it must mean you are a little bit old. Most people wouldn't remember the ice skater.

Love, Phlegmmy
I'm 44. I have a rather unusual memory, often alphanumeric. In any event, I recall many events from a very young age. One is a Haynes pantyhose print ad featuring Peggy from 1974. It helped jump start my... um... interest in women. Unfortunately - like so many other useless data points (license plates from high school friends' cars, phone numbers of elementary school pals, chemical formulae from inorganic chem) - it's stayed with me over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom