Couple quick hits from the game | Syracusefan.com

Couple quick hits from the game

Timonen

All Conference
  • Great showing by the fans. The gameplay didn't lend itself to much excitement, but the orange was omnipresent
  • I've never seen JB so frustrated. He was literally yelling after every offensive and defensive possession. He did give a positive gesture to anyone who subbed out and came to the bench (hand slap)
  • Holy hell I can't fathom the lack of substitutions. Rak was really laboring by the end of the first half. At minimum, use your timeouts.
  • Appreciated kaleb's cheering on the bench after he was taken out. Didn't waver and stayed involved
  • As I see others mentioning, Chris m appears scared of his shadow. Kind of like Roberson looked early this season.
  • There's zero chance the dance team is made up of engineers. They've gotta be ringers, right?

Rak may have been laboring at the end of the half but he hit the 17 footer that gave us the half-time lead. then he hit the two throws at the end that gave us the win. A pretty good evening's work.

12-13-dance-team.jpg

Check out their website.

• Great showing by the fans. The gameplay didn't lend itself to much excitement, but the orange was omnipresent
  • As I see others mentioning, Chris m appears scared of his shadow. Kind of like Roberson looked early this season.
  • There's zero chance the dance team is made up of engineers. They've gotta be ringers, right?

I think 100% of my conversations at the game last night were about these 3 bullet points.

Rak may have been laboring at the end of the half but he hit the 17 footer that gave us the half-time lead. then he hit the two throws at the end that gave us the win. A pretty good evening's work.

A laboring Rak, heck a Rak with only one arm is far better than anyone else we have.

How many Cuse fans? 10% or so???

ehhh... If you take away the student section, I really wouldnt be surprised it was 45% cuse fans.

So with the student section, maybe 15-20.

• I've never seen JB so frustrated. He was literally yelling after every offensive and defensive possession. He did give a positive gesture to anyone who subbed out and came to the bench (hand slap)
  • Holy hell I can't fathom the lack of substitutions. Rak was really laboring by the end of the first half. At minimum, use your timeouts.
  • Appreciated kaleb's cheering on the bench after he was taken out. Didn't waver and stayed involved

I thought his name was Kris not Kaleb? :)

cusetown1 said:
Nice to see Wesley Snipes find a new gig.

That's just a cheap shot at a student who did nothing to deserve it. She is a perfectly attractive young woman with a great smile. And I might add the only non-white on either squad. Which is a shame.

That's just a cheap shot at a student who did nothing to deserve it. She is a perfectly attractive young woman with a great smile. And I might add the only non-white on either squad. Which is a shame.
I'm sorry.

• Holy hell I can't fathom the lack of substitutions. Rak was really laboring by the end of the first half. At minimum, use your timeouts

I mentioned this in the game thread. He was clearly laboring from about 6:00 on down in the first half. I know he hit the shot at the end as some have mentioned, but he should have given him a quick blow before the under 4:00 timeout to get him some extra rest.

He had a few miscues from that point on as well - and they were pretty obviously the result of fatigue. He was late getting down the court and fouled one guy on a layup (which I believe was a three-point play). He then came out late and was blown by on the end line. He was also hanging out a bit more on offense away from the basket. Even his last shot or maybe second to last prior to the buzzer to end the half looked a little like, "eh, I'm tired, this'll due for now..." type effort.

Definitely thought it was a big error on JB's part because of how obvious it was that he was seriously fatigued.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in the game thread. He was clearly laboring from about 6:00 on down in the first half. I know he hit the shot at the end as some have mentioned, but he should have given him a quick blow before the under 4:00 timeout to get him some extra rest.

He had a few miscues from that point on as well - and they were pretty obviously the result of fatigue. He was late getting down the court and fouled one guy on a layup (which I believe was a three-point play). He then came out late and was blown by on the end line. He was also hanging out a bit more on offense away from the basket. Even his last shot or maybe second to last prior to the buzzer to end the half looked a little like, "eh, I'm tired, this'll due for now..." type effort.

Definitely thought it was a big error on JB's part because of how obvious it was that he was seriously fatigued.
#3 was really banging him, too. Rak was getting frustrated on d because the guy would wind up and lunge into him as he tried to post up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom