Court Rules NCAA Disregarded Truth In USC Case -Will Anyone At Cuse Step Up? | Syracusefan.com

Court Rules NCAA Disregarded Truth In USC Case -Will Anyone At Cuse Step Up?

I've said before that if the NCAA were a corporate business, they would be bankrupt by now.

I hope this makes more people aware of how the NCAA operates. Its obviously not news to most here or to most knowledgeable college fans but I think the average joe type of fan doesn't realize how ridiculous the NCAA is with its own process on these things.

Last edited:
What they did to Miami was inexcusable.

This case has far-reaching implications and makes you wonder if anyone at/from Syracuse (from Boeheim himself to former players) will step up and file a similar suit.

Clearly the NCAA has an agenda:

Court rules NCAA disregarded the truth in Reggie Bush USC case

The situations are not really comparable -- at least from a defamation perspective.

The member from USC is suing for defamation. Defamation means that the NCAA knew some of its findings were false.

I don't think anybody from or associated to Syracuse is claiming that the NCAA made false findings (Please correct me if I am wrong in this regard). In fact Syracuse self reported many of them. For Syracuse, or someone associated to Syracuse to sue for defamation, they would have to show that some of the findings of the NCAA were false.

The issue with Syracuse was that the process of investigation and penalty was overly arbitrary, biased and inconsistent. That is much different than defamation. But still a major problem either way.

Although I kind of understand the risks mentioned, I still root for Boeheim to be more of the messianic figure I had previously made him. I think if he somehow became obsessed, maybe it would get the ball rolling, even if every pryor thought was against it. Beyond just the victories and even stigma, I want to see the honor of this team officially restored. 1000+ non-losses currently doesnt sound as attractive as 1000+ certified wins. Getting this asterisk removed would be huge in my opinion, but JB understands the situation better than us. I'd be excited to see him even mention something hinting at that direction.