Cowboys Stadium planning to host 4 games at ONCE | Syracusefan.com

Cowboys Stadium planning to host 4 games at ONCE

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://espn.go.com/dallas/mens-coll...talks-host-four-game-college-basketball-event
On Veterans Day weekend next year 4 games at one site at the same time would be awesome. I realize we are playing Maui next year, but I would really like to SU get in on this. JB got into the Aircraft carrier game this year and after seeing it last year. I would definitely go to JerryWorld if we are one of the 8 teams. How far are we from seeing a true outdoor regular season game in college basketball with all the gimics? Obviously an outdoor game would have to be scheduled in a warm weather spot, but a place like Las Vegas could easily host an outdoor game in November.

Is this a quadruple header or will there be four courts laid side by side on the field. I love the idea of watching four games in a row but not the idea of four games taking place on four courts at the same time. It's like going to an AAU tournament and you never get to see everything you want to.

Well, the "four games at once" makes me think it'll be four courts next to each other, basketball camp style. Lord knows a football field can accommodate that many course, based on my one summer at the Big Orange camp.

Is this a quadruple header or will there be four courts laid side by side on the field. I love the idea of watching four games in a row but not the idea of four games taking place on four courts at the same time. It's like going to an AAU tournament and you never get to see everything you want to.
The MSU AD Hollis said the 4 games will tip off 15 minutes apart. The hardest part about it would be the whistles from other courts potentially disrupting play on another court. If you went to this event you wouldn't be going to watch 4 games it would be you would going for your team, and be able to dabble in action on the three other courts. So say you had Kentucky vs. Texas, Syracuse vs. Gonzaga, Duke vs. Indiana, North Carolina vs. Michigan State all playing games at Cowboys Stadium each would be playing 15 minutes apart and it would be an awesome event to be part of and I hope JB expresses interest to Michigan State to take part.

I can't wait for one player to flush a dunk on court one, the crowd to go Berzerk and the players on the other three courts to stop and watch. Given it'll be just like ABCD camp.

Without knowing for sure how they intend to configure the courts and what the plan is for temporary seating structures, I probably wouldn't care to attend this event live. SU fans and Carrier Dome goers probably know better than most about the vast space that a football venue leaves when hosting a basketball game. The field could easily accommodate 10+ basketball courts if so desired and they could leave 20 yards clear between 4 courts set up "side by side". Furthermore Cowboys stadium is a gargantuan monstrosity with nose bleed seats in a different time zone for football games, let alone basketball. Picture-in-picture on the 60 yard wide megavision would be the way to go. I'd love to see SU participate but I'm sure I'd be using the DVR and watching the games back-to-back, comfortably at home. Bigger is not always better, sorry Texas.

I'm I the only one that's really not that crazy about the idea of 4 games going on at once? What's the point? Are they doing it just because they can?

Totally stupid. Maybe we could stack 4 basketball courts on top of each other and suspend them from the roof of the dome. Or we could play a game inside a C-5 aircraft flying cross country. Or inside a volcano!! Yeah, a volcano!!!

Jerry Jones just wants a sporting event that's weird enough to take peoples' minds off his football team.

How about playing a basketball game on a court with seats around it so people could watch.
Everything has to have a twist. It's like the NHL and college hockey playing in the middle of Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park. I'm sure we could come up with some outrageous suggestion (not including playing at the 50 yard line in the Carrier Dome).

Everything has to have a twist. It's like the NHL and college hockey playing in the middle of Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park. I'm sure we could come up with some outrageous suggestion (not including playing at the 50 yard line in the Carrier Dome).
I'd like to see an outdoor night game on the Quad in February, preferably during a snowstorm.

I'd rather watch this than a Colgate game. Sorry, any time your school has a chance to be one a handful of teams to do something like this, you do it. Good for the players, good for the recruiting, good for the school.

My tournament idea would be to take 8 top teams and play four back to back games at cowboys stadium but the kicker is you only announce who the 8 teams are, you don't announce the matchups. Then you could have a selection show two days before the games to help kick off the event and announce who is playing who. Kind of like an opening day selection sunday.