Craft gets blocked twice! | Syracusefan.com

Craft gets blocked twice!

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
What an awful offensive player

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Kid got mauled. I hate OSU and am glad they lost but that was a foul

He was clearly fouled both times. Michigan just got a gift from the officials. Even Dukie V agreed.

Kid got mauled. I hate OSU and am glad they lost but that was a foul

It was a bad play, knew he was gonna get blocked, gotta kick it out.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

As a point guard who's limited on the offensive end, maybe he should've tried to get Deshaun Thomas involved.

T
As a point guard who's limited on the offensive end, maybe he should've tried to get Deshaun Thomas involved.
This.

Travesty that Thomas didn't touch the ball once in the last 2 possessions.

Dukie V said no calls should have been made. I can't stand Craft but he did get fouled twice. If that had happened to us, this board would be lighting up in anger.

Dukie V said no calls should have been made. I can't stand Craft but he did get fouled twice. If that had happened to us, this board would be lighting up in anger.
Except we are talking about a kid who fouls all the time without fouling much. It's fitting.

Mich would have still had the ball if they had correctly called the flagrant on Craft the play before when he swung and hit someone across the head with no attempt at the ball. By rull a flagrant

You're right, but Craft has bragged that he fouls on every play and knows the referee can't call them all...so it's kind of nice to see him see how that feels from the other side.

You're right, but Craft has bragged that he fouls on every play and knows the referee can't call them all...so it's kind of nice to see him see how that feels from the other side.
Man, what a douche.

My OSU friends are all crying about the refs. How quickly they forget last March. I feel no sympathy for them.

Now that you mention it, there is an added sweetness.

My OSU friends are all crying about the refs. How quickly they forget last March. I feel no sympathy for them.
I remember reading a post right after last years rigged game on the OSU board saying "the better team won even though the refs got into the way". I hate OSU.

So you all would raher see Michigan win that game? Number 3 Michigan? Are you kidding me?

So you all would raher see Michigan win that game? Number 3 Michigan? Are you kidding me?

I was pulling for the Buckeyes. But Craft screwed the pooch. I was not inferring in my original post that Craft didn't get fouled. He clearly did. However, no ref is going to make a call like that at the end of a game like that. To expect to drive, draw contact, and shoot free throws to win it is not the way to go. Craft should have passed the ball up court initially anyway, but he definitely should have dished it to the wing once he had collapsed the defense. OSU let this one slip, kinda like we did at Nova.

I like Beilein, but hate Big Blue.

Dickie V said the first one wasn't a flagrant because he was going for the ball. :crazy:

Craft's drive to the basket, he said it should have been called.

He just loves to protect his annoited pets.

I was pulling for the Buckeyes. But Craft screwed the pooch. I was not inferring in my original post that Craft didn't get fouled. He clearly did. However, no ref is going to make a call like that at the end of a game like that. To expect to drive, draw contact, and shoot free throws to win it is not the way to go. Craft should have passed the ball up court initially anyway, but he definitely should have dished it to the wing once he had collapsed the defense. OSU let this one slip, kinda like we did at Nova.

I like Beilein, but hate Big Blue.

Just saw the replay myself. He didn't just drive and draw contact. He initiated the contact and that's likely why they didn't call a foul (well - not referring to that last block - that may have been a foul).

But I agree that his biggest mistake was trying to take the ball himself (I think he was looking for the foul) instead of finding an open shooter. He has to know the refs swallow their whistles at that point in the game.

Just saw the replay myself. He didn't just drive and draw contact. He initiated the contact and that's likely why they didn't call a foul (well - not referring to that last block - that may have been a foul).

But I agree that his biggest mistake was trying to take the ball himself (I think he was looking for the foul) instead of finding an open shooter. He has to know the refs swallow their whistles at that point in the game.
He was also going into a guy a foot taller than him. The refs don't usually call that a foul in the run of a game, let alone the last play. Craft was piss-poor offensively the last 4 minutes of regulation and OT. Tried to do way too much by himself, especially for a guy who couldn't hit anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom