Crazy Stats | Syracusefan.com

Crazy Stats

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
Looking at the box score.

If somebody from the future came to you yesterday and gave you these stats, who would you say won the game?

UVA 12 three pointers on 50% shooting.
UVA out rebounds SU and more than doubles us up on the O glass.
Gillon: 6pts, 3ast, 4to
Lydon: 6pts

You'd bet your house on us losing!

Looking at the box score.

If somebody from the future came to you yesterday and gave you these stats, who would you say won the game?

UVA 12 three pointers on 50% shooting.
UVA out rebounds SU and more than doubles us up on the O glass.
Gillon: 6pts, 3ast, 4to
Lydon: 6pts

You'd bet your house on us losing!
Crazy stats. They shot it so well from 3 in the first half, but they got nothing from inside. Second half they cooled off a bit and still didn't get anything from their interior. In previous years, Tobey and Gill killed us around the rim.

Two big ones: Va got only 7 OReb's (partly because they made shots) but they were 2-5 at the line in the whole game, where we were 13-20. No wonder TB was a little bugged at the refs. Seemed to me the difference was Va wanted to shoot J's and SU wanted to drive, and the latter always draws more fouls.

One more stat: SU had only 22 points in the first half. They adjusted at the half, where Va stayed on the perimeter and after they cooled down, had nothing to go to.

Last edited:
Crazy stats. They shot it so well from 3 in the first half, but they got nothing from inside. Second half they cooled off a bit and still didn't get anything from their interior. In previous years, Tobey and Gill killed us around the rim.

Yeah our post play is really limited this year. We thought Austin Nichols would provide that post presence but he's an idiot and was kicked off the team. But I think the key in this game was the turnovers. Syracuse's zone was really active and forced us into some sloppy passes.

Two big ones: Va got only 7 OReb's (partly because they made shots) but they were 2-5 at the line in the whole game, where we were 13-20. No wonder TB was a little bugged at the refs. Seemed to me the difference was Va wanted to shoot J's and SU wanted to drive, and the latter always draws more fouls.

It's been a common theme all year. Our bigs don't draw contact and our guards are athletic enough to get into the lane and finish with contact.

Yeah our post play is really limited this year. We thought Austin Nichols would provide that post presence but he's an idiot and was kicked off the team. But I think the key in this game was the turnovers. Syracuse's zone was really active and forced us into some sloppy passes.
Too much passing around the exterior. Gill and Tobey were excellent interior passers.

Too much passing around the exterior. Gill and Tobey were excellent interior passers.

I'm quite surprised they didn't take better advantage of Roberson being out of position so often. Man, it seemed he was chasing the ball outside the arc the whole game.

I am wondering why Virg didnt put the HairMan dude at the foul line instead of having him out deep all game standing around.

I am wondering why Virg didnt put the HairMan dude at the foul line instead of having him out deep all game standing around.

That reminds me, this morning I saw multiple online Super **** wagers involving the President.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom