Creating a buzz for some and heat for others... | Syracusefan.com

Creating a buzz for some and heat for others...

tboxCUSE92

Scout Team
I like the proactive recruiting/chatter from HCSS and "team" in the last 18 hours. Laray and Gus will miss the boat soon if they don't jump on board. The DB from Rochester offer makes a lot of sense. Good athlete and is friends with Carter and Ashton.

Also, going after a stud QB is greatness post the ZA letdown. As many of us felt, ZA made so much sense on a lot of levels. Thought we had a great opportunity. He may end up regretting that decision. Unfortunately, he was a January enrollment and had to make a quick decision.

I would bet more kids/high school athletes watched SU games this year vs the last 10 because of all the national televised games. ie: O'Korn. Our up tempo/record setting offense didn't hurt either... Exciting and encouraging!!

McDonald and Co may just shake the recruiting tree enough to make a splash for 2013!

Has anyone heard more about McDonald? When will it be official?

I posted last week that I look forward to when we start seeing commits roll in, as it will signify not only that the coaching situation is stabilized, but also that we're moving forward with respect to the class of 2013--come what may with post-DM attrition.

Also, I'm interested as hell to see what HCSS and the new staff are able to do on the recruiting trail. DM salvaging his first class--and bringing on board some quality late additions like Shamarko / Sharpe / Chibane / Anderson--was the first sign that the previous coaching staff knew what they were doing on the recruiting trail.

MaGoo@Rel_Hunt10
Just met the new O coordinator, this years gunna be good

Expand

Love these tweets!!
We shd have clarity on the balance of our question mark recruits in the next week or so.
I think Shaf is putting together a great group of coaches. McDonald will be an absolute GREAT recruiter for us..

I really think CUSE has gained great awareness and "coolness' mojo in the last 12 months.. Build it and they will come...

https://twitter.com/Rel_Hunt10

MaGoo@Rel_Hunt10
Just met the new O coordinator, this years gunna be good

Expand
Love these tweets!!
We shd have clarity on the balance of our question mark recruits in the next week or so.
I think Shaf is putting together a great group of coaches. McDonald will be an absolute GREAT recruiter for us..

I really think CUSE has gained great awareness and "coolness' mojo in the last 12 months.. Build it and they will come...

Excuse me for my twitter ignorance...who is Magoo? or is it, who is Rel_Hunt10? (not sure which one is doing the tweeting) or is it one person Magoo@Rel_Hunt10?

I am assuming it is one of the players.

Excuse me for my twitter ignorance...who is Magoo? or is it, who is Rel_Hunt10? (not sure which one is doing the tweeting) or is it one person Magoo@Rel_Hunt10?

Terrel Hunt

Edit: Twitter allows names in addition to handles. Zach Allen's looks like Zach Allen @zach_allen12. Others choose to put a fake name or a title or whatever they want (e.g., Young King @godsgiftgus; Magoo@Rel_Hunt10)

Using my superior reasoning skills I'm going to say that's probably Terrel Hunt, #10 in your program but #1 in your heart.

Speaking of Terrel Hunt, is he clearly the beneficiary of Zach Allen's last minute change of heart? I thought I heard that he showed the most progress among the back-ups this season. What are his strengths/weaknesses? Does he have a legitimate chance at being the #1 guy come this Fall? Is he hard-nosed?

Speaking of Terrel Hunt, is he clearly the beneficiary of Zach Allen's last minute change of heart? I thought I heard that he showed the most progress among the back-ups this season. What are his strengths/weaknesses? Does he have a legitimate chance at being the #1 guy come this Fall? Is he hard-nosed?
His theft incident (funny how he didn't get off but MCW did) really set him back because he missed spring practice. I personally think he has the most pure talent of any of our current QB's but we'll have to see how this spring goes for him.

That tweet though sounds promising for Hunt, maybe McDonald wants to run some read option stuff and Hunt thinks he can be that guy...

His measurables appear to be pretty ideal as well. I hope he can provide some healthy competition this Spring. The thing I worry about most going forward w/ our QBs isn't talent, but decision-making because of limited playing time.

I like the proactive recruiting/chatter from HCSS and "team" in the last 18 hours. Laray and Gus will miss the boat soon if they don't jump on board. The DB from Rochester offer makes a lot of sense. Good athlete and is friends with Carter and Ashton.

Also, going after a stud QB is greatness post the ZA letdown. As many of us felt, ZA made so much sense on a lot of levels. Thought we had a great opportunity. He may end up regretting that decision. Unfortunately, he was a January enrollment and had to make a quick decision.

I would bet more kids/high school athletes watched SU games this year vs the last 10 because of all the national televised games. ie: O'Korn. Our up tempo/record setting offense didn't hurt either... Exciting and encouraging!!

McDonald and Co may just shake the recruiting tree enough to make a splash for 2013!
I don't see QB jumping on board at this point in the process.The program isn't proud enough to formally name the OC for whatever reason.

I don't see QB jumping on board at this point in the process.The program isn't proud enough to formally name the OC for whatever reason.
Cali do you know how contracts work? For someone who flips out over verbal commits that haven't signed paperwork and can leave at any time you're pretty impatient about those who are essentially confirmed to coach here.

Another idiotic post.. really getting old..

You've been told the reason. The new coaches are on the road. What does it matter if it's announced formally yet?

A dream, to some... A nightmare to others!

Great moment from Excalibur.

Give it a freakin rest already!

with each passing day and yes I think of Cuse FBall an unhealthy amount of the time I am buying into Hunt. Now we haven't had a spring practice yet or no idea how he looked in practice this past season, but don't you think the staff is going to start and groom someone with a few years left. I believe Hunt has 3 years left to play.

I've said this a few times already... As far as officially announcing the new coaches is not important right now during recruiting crunch time. Most importantly, the players and RECRUITS know what is going on. I'm glad they are out slinging Cuse and not wasting time smiling behind some podium at a news conference. Let's lock up some damn players first.