Credit to coach K | Syracusefan.com

Credit to coach K

I thought K made some game adjustments (that worked for them) as well.
Sat White and played O’Connel exclusively. White cannot shoot nor stay with quick dribble driver players.
Jones on Battle to neutralize our best scorer/player.
Barrett on Howard. Frank can’t go by him (or anyone really this year), harder to shoot over him and disrupt the vis/passing lane.

We cannot shoot. That ain't reffing (and Duke got breaks).
One has nothing to do with the other. Duke had two fouls for the entire first half until they fouled intentionally at the end. The refs ever screwed that up. This game was not evenly called. Not close. I hate complaining about refs. But this was awful. They even missed an out of bounds call in the first half. duke , of course, scored with the extra opportunity

One has nothing to do with the other. Duke had two fouls for the entire first half until they fouled intentionally at the end. The refs ever screwed that up. This game was not evenly called. Not close. I hate complaining about refs. But this was awful. They even missed an out of bounds call in the first half. duke , of course, scored with the extra opportunity

I noted those points, drove me nuts. They were terrible.

Doesn't mean Frank's judgement is good, we can rebound or hit a foul shot. Game was very much there for the taking. The stuff we should control better we cannot.

Actually, it was one foul for Duke - and NONE against their starters - in the first half until the giveaways in the last :30

We aren’t a good shooting team, FG or FT. We aren’t a good rebounding team. Our point guard isn’t good. Our center isn’t good. Beyond these trivial things, yes it was the ref’s. Stop people

We aren’t a good shooting team, FG or FT. We aren’t a good rebounding team. Our point guard isn’t good. Our center isn’t good. Beyond these trivial things, yes it was the ref’s. Stop people
No one is saying that we are all that good. The refs hurt us tonight. They got a out of bounds call wrong for God's sake. They pay three of them for a reason. The bare min is that they get out of bounds calls correct.

One foul until the end.

The refs aren’t missing all those shots...and free throws.

They can’t miss all those calls and also miss the shots too, we had to do our part.

Even with our poor offensive showing in the second half our defense wins us that game if it was called evenly.

Ya there were missed calls, our pg was beyond awful. ob was not good,and we didn't hit shots, we weren't good enough.

Actually, it was one foul for Duke - and NONE against their starters - in the first half until the giveaways in the last :30
That was ridiculous and happens to us almost nightly now in the first half...Its a joke

We lost because we couldn’t score in 2nd half from the field or the line, not the refs

Both things can be factors.

If the refs simply get an obvious out of bounds call correct(minus 2 points from Duke), and call a foul or two when Brissett got hammered going to the hole(plus at least a couple points I would hope), we’re up 7-10 at half time instead of 5.

Different game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom