Crucial first six acc games | Syracusefan.com

Crucial first six acc games

We Are Syracuse

All Conference
The first six games in the ACC is what I think could set up the rest of the season for SYRACUSE. I just looked at their first six ACC games and holy smokes that's about as light as a schedule as you can possibly get. Obviously, this means the back half of the schedule is stacked which it absolutely is.

They got to win 5 of these 6... I am hoping for all six; but I am sure that will be too good to be true. Then they play Miami and UNC which I think are also two winnable games. HUGE stretch coming up here for SYRACUSE! Win these conference openers and enjoy the momentum going into the dreadful back half which includes Duke twice (What!) UVA, UL, Pitt

The first six games in the ACC is what I think could set up the rest of the season for SYRACUSE. I just looked at their first six ACC games and holy smokes that's about as light as a schedule as you can possibly get. Obviously, this means the back half of the schedule is stacked which it absolutely is.

They got to win 5 of these 6... I am hoping for all six; but I am sure that will be too good to be true. Then they play Miami and UNC which I think are also two winnable games. HUGE stretch coming up here for SYRACUSE! Win these conference openers and enjoy the momentum going into the dreadful back half which includes Duke twice (What!) UVA, UL, Pitt

I've been thinking along those lines as well. I actually hoping we win the first 7 and then follow that up with at least a very good showing @ UNC. One thing that bodes well is that the bottom 2/3rds of the ACC teams seem to really struggle to score the ball and we seem to be figuring out how to do that pretty well right now. Plus we will be a hard team to scout this season because of the constant changes. Obviously Christmas on the inside, Cooney on the outside and an emerging G but as we improve JB and the staff can put some wrinkles in off of those three for Chris, Tyler or Kaleb that would be hard to see coming.

We should be favored in 8 out of the first 9 ACC games. Seth Davis even said the other day he would not be surprised if we entered the Duke game with just one ACC loss.

The North Carolina game will be big, but I think we are better than them. They did beat Ohio State, but so did Iowa, and UNC lost to them. I'm really excited about the ACC season. I think we can be that surprise team down the stretch nobody was talking about early in the year.

We should be favored in 8 out of the first 9 ACC games. Seth Davis even said the other day he would not be surprised if we entered the Duke game with just one ACC loss.

The North Carolina game will be big, but I think we are better than them. They did beat Ohio State, but so did Iowa, and UNC lost to them. I'm really excited about the ACC season. I think we can be that surprise team down the stretch nobody was talking about early in the year.

Agreed and honestly even getting to that UNC game undefeated we won't be scaring anyone going through that line up of teams. Now if we win @ UNC and @ Pitt to get to Duke at 20-4 we would have created a lot of buzz and be ranked for sure. Then we would be in a Virginia situation from last year where it would be possible to get a very high seed by winning the conference and doing well in the conference tourney. That said I don't think we have any legit shot to win the conference at all. I could see us getting to Duke undefeated that's possible but that last stretch is just brutal.

Agreed and honestly even getting to that UNC game undefeated we won't be scaring anyone going through that line up of teams. Now if we win @ UNC and @ Pitt to get to Duke at 20-4 we would have created a lot of buzz and be ranked for sure. Then we would be in a Virginia situation from last year where it would be possible to get a very high seed by winning the conference and doing well in the conference tourney. That said I don't think we have any legit shot to win the conference at all. I could see us getting to Duke undefeated that's possible but that last stretch is just brutal.

Our saving grace this year is not going to Louisville or Virginia. I'm not saying we are going to win the ACC that's far fetched, but just from watching other teams around the conference early in the season theres no doubt in my mind we are one of the most talented teams in the league.