Crying Kids on TV | Syracusefan.com

Crying Kids on TV

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
What's the deal with this? Why do they feel the need to find the 1 or 2 crying kids after every game and zoom in for 30 seconds? We all know this tournament is emotional, but this is just weird and cruel.

Posted this yesterday, but I'll post again today since it applies...again! :)

RANT:

I gotta say, weirder to me than the crying kid shots, are that everyone notices them and really takes them to heart. But for the fact that everyone has a coronary, I see them, think, "awe, that sucks...sports are so emotional," and never think of it again. I mean, if it's the team we just beat, and I hate that team, I may take some special delight in seeing some tears shed, but otherwise, it's such a nothing moment I wouldn't even think to be bothered at all. Spots are passionate! I mean, are some of you feeling a need to repent for beating up crying children earlier in your lives?

I feel like they've always done this, and nobody cared until like one or two years ago...and now it's like CBS sponsored terrorism when they show it.

I have no issue with it... It is what it is. It will be a cool story to have when he is older that he became a meme and was on live tv

I have no issue with it... It is what it is. It will be a cool story to have when he is older that he became a meme and was on live tv
I can see kids Twitter and Tinder bios in 2030... "I once cried like a B**ch on national TV. I love cats! Closet nerd LOLOLOL I'm so random!"

I’m not offended by it, but it is odd how all-in CBS is on this shot.

Actually, the video that they kept showing was some middle-aged woman balling here eyes out. Not sure who she was, but I assumed it was an MSU fan and I smiled.

Actually, the video that they kept showing was some middle-aged woman balling here eyes out. Not sure who she was, but I assumed it was an MSU fan and I smiled.

I pretty sure you meant bawling ... although if she was balling her eyes out that would make me smile too!

It’s sh!tty and CBS should knock it off. Particularly when they’ve shown the same kid crying repeatedly. For the life of me I don’t understand how this helps tell he story of the game. It’s a cheap, exploitative gimmick.

Perhaps CBS should send a camera to the producers house and they can broadcast him crying when he learns of a loved one dying. Wouldn’t that be a hoot?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom