Cue the meltdown | Syracusefan.com

Cue the meltdown

doubt it.

we are beyond melt down

sort of glad they lost in a long term sort of way.

they'll learn more from losing this meaningless game than they would had they won it

No meltdown. Perfect storm today. Temple played over their heads with 2 guys having career days and we shot the ball horribly and our de was below par. Throw in some bad officiating in the last 2 minutes and you have a recipe for a loss. I'm ok with losing a non conference game once every 50 or so times we play one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Hope you're right, Steve.

A hypothetical: does anyone think that Scoop and Dion would've allowed the Cuse to lose to their Philly homeboys?

bad officiating had almost nothing to do with this loss.

i believe we should learn that when you are down 3 or less with over 40 seconds to play, you dont have to foul. we did that twice in a few seconds. not really smart ball.

i believe we should learn that when you are down 3 or less with over 40 seconds to play, you dont have to foul. we did that twice in a few seconds. not really smart ball.
I agree about the officiating but two fouls that maybe you're referring to were amongst the weak calls. They weren't intentional.

Gotta hit your free throws, especially late.

We never expected this team to have a better record than last year's squad. It takes time for the young players to develop their unit cohesiveness.

My guess is, they will get pummeled by the voters & never sniff the top 5 again for this whole season, which is okay. They can win a National Championship as a 2 or 3 seed as well as a one, especially with no dominant teams in the mix.

The pressure is off, & now they can focus on improving their chemistry.

The team will learn from this & get better.

667125_1.gif

Disappointed but no meltdown. We were not going to keep winning games at a pace we have been used too. Losses happen sometimes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No meltdown. Perfect storm today. Temple played over their heads with 2 guys having career days and we shot the ball horribly and our de was below par. Throw in some bad officiating in the last 2 minutes and you have a recipe for a loss. I'm ok with losing a non conference game once every 50 or so times we play one.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I feel like this post has become as cliche after losses as the meltdown posts. "X and Y played terribly and we still almost won".
IDK, I think we probably beat them 7 or maybe 8 times out of 10. But I wouldn't say a game where the refs helped us in the 1st half (even if they made up for it late) and Fair & Keita have career games qualifies as a perfect storm game.

My semi-irrational post-game post!

Agree on the officiating, Temple deserved to win, we missed what, 20 free throws and had too many guys going one on one.

However, I did find that Wyatt kid annoying. I hate kids that gripe to the refs while relying a lot on pushing off, creating contact, etc...You're already getting a lot of crap calls in your favor, shut up - your big move is an offensive foul.

The end game officiating was bizarre, but not so crazy that I'm going to cry to much about it.

Triche, started out well, but not sure what to make of his effort. He just never seems to do much, a nice basket here or there, but for a Senior he's far from a steadying force.

CJ played well!!!!

Baye played well, missed some bunnies, nice effort though I guess. Not much on the boards, but nobody did much on the boards it seemed, would have been nice to see some DC2.

MCW...ugh. Lots of one on one.

Game sucked. Missed free throws doomed us.

The problem was the officials were calling it like we told them we were going to foul and we weren't.The Keita call on the moving screen and the Southerland call were criminal. In the end I agree that we lost because of free throws and not officials.

Since when is mentioning being ok with losing one non conference game in every 50 or so cliche. I hope I am cliche when we lose another one in 50 games :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom