Cullen Neal... | Syracusefan.com

Cullen Neal...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Of course Davis was the KuseKiller in this game, but being from NM, and having seen Cullen Neal get about the worst treatment ever for a college BB player (and you think this forum is tough on FH) I was happy to see that the kid seems to have found a nice role for himself and I was glad to see him play well.

Of course Davis was the KuseKiller in this game, but being from NM, and having seen Cullen Neal get about the worst treatment ever for a college BB player (and you think this forum is tough on FH) I was happy to see that the kid seems to have found a nice role for himself and I was glad to see him play well.

Why was he so vehemently disliked?

Why was he so vehemently disliked?
He simply did not live up to expectations and because the focus of his game is shooting, when he shot & missed he was viewed as a selfish player.

There was also some history. When Cullen was a HS senior, the UNM coach was Steve Alford. Alford also had a very talented son who was supposed to attend UNM. Craig Neal was Alford's asst coach at the time. UCLA then poached Alford & his kid. So, both Neal's came in to replace both Alfords. Under Steve Alford, UNM's program peaked and expectations were high. As it turned out, neither Neal could replace either Alford, so the hating began and simply accelerated out of control. Frustration by the fan base over losing a very good coach and a blue chip recruit in what appeared to be a rising program at the time.

I hope that our Frank gets as happy an ending be it here or elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom