Current lineup vs. Old lineup | Syracusefan.com

Current lineup vs. Old lineup

two3zone

RIP Shark58
Would we have been in if we kept DC and Howard out of the lineup earlier? I have to say yes.

Did we wait to long to take Howard out of the lineup to go strictly Gillon? If so, when should Howard have been pulled in favor of Gillon?

Would we have been in if we kept DC and Howard out of the lineup earlier? I have to say yes.

Did we wait to long to take Howard out of the lineup to go strictly Gillon? If so, when should Howard have been pulled in favor of Gillon?
Yes too, but w/ benefit of hindsight.
Guess there was a ton of behind the scenes drama with this team that I was not privy to...

Yes too, but w/ benefit of hindsight.
Guess there was a ton of behind the scenes drama with this team that I was not privy to...

Hindsight for sure, but there were times earlier in the year when people were calling for Frank to be benched strictly because of his play.

Hindsight for sure, but there were times earlier in the year when people were calling for Frank to be benched strictly because of his play.
True, but I wonder what the timeline was for FH's fall from grace. Was the implosion before season, OOC season, early ACC season?

Not sure if Frank killed us more with his play or with his attitude. I think the two are related. As Cuse 91 said above, who knows if what we do know is only the tip of the iceberg.

I think the results would have been the exact same down to every rebound.

Howard played one of the worst games I've seen, against GTown. Definitely cost us there.

Problem is Gillon was bad that game too. He kept going to the hole and finished nothing. Battle was hobbled and barely played. Somebody had to be out there.

We should've won that game.

We'd only be slightly better, maybe in KSU's position.

Love John Gillon but he was far too inconsistent.

This would've been a 25 win team if Paschal Chukwu came in ready to play, Frank Howard had a can-do teammate attitude, and John Gillon could lift his head and see Tyler Lydon often mismatched or open downlow in space. I won't get started about Roberson.

This team left us thinking about too many should've/could've/would've's.

Makes me wonder what the hell went on in summer practice.

We'd only be slightly better, maybe in KSU's position.

Love John Gillon but he was far too inconsistent.

This would've been a 25 win team if Paschal Chukwu came in ready to play, Frank Howard had a can-do teammate attitude, and John Gillon could lift his head and see Tyler Lydon often mismatched or open downlow in space. I won't get started about Roberson.

This team left us thinking about too many should've/could've/would've's.

Makes me wonder what the hell went on in summer practice.

In the end, we didnt make it because we couldnt defend, and it got better in ACC play but still not good enough even then

If we drove Kaleb Joseph out of the door for his horrible play then Franklin Howard should have his bags packed already. Howard's play in the UConn & GTown was downright atrocious, his basketball iq is/was tremendously low, and his attitude reminded me of Josh Wright.

The ACC conference is brutal on its own and it leaves very little margin for error for SU in the Out of conference games. Spending time giving FH a shot really did come back to bite us in the butt...you drop that many games against subpar teams than you really need to pull a miracle come ACC tournament play which is a very bad bet. Ironically, if we had pulled it off against Louisville at home or beat miami we would have made that incredible ACC miracle despite getting shamed by our old big east foes.

We should do everything possible in this offseason to lock down a younger point guard who has some bball iq...hell go to Europe to find someone. Waiting till conference play to pick your point guard is a recipe to end up back in NIT land and waste the truly talented Tyler Lydon, Tyus Battle, etc...

#endrant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom