Currently sitting next to Bill Cartwright at LGA | Syracusefan.com

Currently sitting next to Bill Cartwright at LGA

I'd ask him about Phil Jackson instead of Jordan.

eao1115 said:
Building up the courage to chat with him. "Mr. Cartwright, be honest, was MJ a huge douche?"

Oh I hope you did it. Lol

bb5e88662d36b417ff6704010a2c394a.jpg

Ask him if he is going to be an assistant coach for the Knicks next year.

It was so strange…

So I'm sitting at my gate at LaGuardia, and Cartwright sits down next to me. I wanted to talk to him, but he was literally on his phone non-stop for a good 45 minutes. I get up to use the restroom, come back and sit in another area, and who sits down directly across from me? Robert Horry. It was like I was in some 90s NBA bizarro land. I got a picture with Horry and he couldn't have been nicer. We discussed our respective legendary moments in the NBA Finals and intramurals.

That was a heck of a San Fransisco team Cartwright played on. They went undefeated or to the last game or two and then kind of flopped in the NCAA's if I remember correctly.

It was so strange…

So I'm sitting at my gate at LaGuardia, and Cartwright sits down next to me. I wanted to talk to him, but he was literally on his phone non-stop for a good 45 minutes. I get up to use the restroom, come back and sit in another area, and who sits down directly across from me? Robert Horry. It was like I was in some 90s NBA bizarro land. I got a picture with Horry and he couldn't have been nicer. We discussed our respective legendary moments in the NBA Finals and intramurals.

I hope you didn't call him Big Shot Bob. I heard he hates that.

Very cool story. I saw no one famous or even interesting when I was there on Friday night.

It was so strange…

Did you ask Horry if Cassell ever spoke much about what life is like on his home planet?

Robert Horry. Never mentioned in the same breath with many of the great players. Look up his stats and it just blows your mind. Only player to win 7 or more championships that wasn't a Celtic. Most playoff games ever. Etc. etc.

Robert Horry. Never mentioned in the same breath with many of the great players. Look up his stats and it just blows your mind. Only player to win 7 or more championships that wasn't a Celtic. Most playoff games ever. Etc. etc.

because he was a career role player

Building up the courage to chat with him. "Mr. Cartwright, be honest, was MJ a huge douche?"

you should have asked him if the Grants are really in money trouble.

and what stats are you talking about? he avg'd like 7 points a game and never more than 11 per game in a year.

and what stats are you talking about? he avg'd like 7 points a game and never more than 11 per game in a year.
True he was a role player, but a great one. One of his records is 53 made 3 pts. in NBA playoffs. He is probably better known for what he did in playoffs than regular season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom