Curse of the Iguana | Syracusefan.com

Curse of the Iguana

moqui

generational talent
I knew going into the 2nd weekend that I was risking Bad Mojo by traveling out of town. My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Mexico at Four Seasons Punta Mita (and I cannot more highly recommend that resort, btw). My wife generously booked herself spa appointments during the Thursday and Saturday game times, so I was free to watch the games, and after that great win over Wisconsin, I was pretty confident that no bad mojo would be coming from south of the border.

However, on Saturday, just before tipoff, a pair of iguanas crept into our casita through the terrace windows which I had left open. I missed the first 7 minutes of game time trying to get them out of the room. So, for the record, I don't blame the missing Fab Melo, the physical strength of Ohio State, or the clutch play of Lenzelle Smith for the loss . . . I blame the iguanas.

iguanas.jpg

And I blame the fact that I wore a new orange scarf with my old orange sweater. We all contribute in our own ways.

I knew going into the 2nd weekend that I was risking Bad Mojo by traveling out of town. My wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in Mexico at Four Seasons Punta Mita (and I cannot more highly recommend that resort, btw). My wife generously booked herself spa appointments during the Thursday and Saturday game times, so I was free to watch the games, and after that great win over Wisconsin, I was pretty confident that no bad mojo would be coming from south of the border.

However, on Saturday, just before tipoff, a pair of iguanas crept into our casita through the terrace windows which I had left open. I missed the first 7 minutes of game time trying to get them out of the room. So, for the record, I don't blame the missing Fab Melo, the physical strength of Ohio State, or the clutch play of Lenzelle Smith for the loss . . . I blame the iguanas.

iguanas.jpg
And I blame the fact that I wore a new orange scarf with my old orange sweater. We all contribute in our own ways.

Both of you are banned one week. Please leave immediately! :)

I blame the fact that I didn't get my son's "Real Babies Wear Orange" onesie washed for the game.

I blame the fact that I didn't get my son's "Real Babies Wear Orange" onesie washed for the game.
but you continued your ritual of wearing it over your face?

iguanas.jpg
Your bad mojo started not only when you booked a trip during the Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight but you must have gotten married during that time frame as well. What happened to the real Moqui?

i blame mother nature. on thursday in boston it was like 80 degrees, wore shorts and cuse tshirt to game. on saturday it was like 40, i told my gf "i dont know what to do, i really wanna wear the same clothes to game but its 40 degrees." i chickened out and wore jeans and hoodie, damn you mother nature!!!!:eek:

Your bad mojo started not only when you booked a trip during the Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight but you must have gotten married during that time frame as well. What happened to the real Moqui?
March 27 is the anniversary of our first date . . . our marriage was in the summer, like all civilized people

I'm still blaming the refs.

I'm still blaming that dog of yours for making your screen name end in osu. I know the dog can't argue back, and if he gets agitated, I will point him in the direction of tbonezone whom I think he'd find more interesting :cool:

You can all rest easy it was my wife's fault. While babysitting my niece in the hotel room in Boston (while my sister, bro-in-law and I were at the game) she didn't get her dressed in her SU pajamas until one minute left in the game! She even knew it was her fault and didn't mention this huge faux pas until a week later.

March 27 is the anniversary of our first date . . . our marriage was in the summer, like all civilized people
I'd consider giving you a pass for your wedding anniversary, but this is totally unacceptable. And I thought my disappointment over this season was over.

I'm blaming myself for not going Jeff Gillooly on Aaron Craft

I'm still blaming the refs.
I'm with you! I will always blame the refs and all I kept thinking about his how JB stated in the pregame presser one of the main reasons he plays zone is we foul less and we can protect a player in foul trouble in the zone. I feel like the refs said oh yeah...protect this!

I'm blaming Fab's Kindergarten Teacher. Somewhere he got off to a bad start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom