Curtis Dukes | Syracusefan.com

Curtis Dukes

SWC75

Bored Historian
Gameday was just talking about Penn State, the great job Bill O'Brien has done, etc.

It made me wonder how Curtis Dukes was doing. If you rmeember there was specualtion that former Indian River star with the big body, (6-1 245) and the speed to take it the distance might transfer to Syracuse. I felt that would be a windfall for us because I felt Dukes had more ability than the unknown quantities we had competing for the position. I thought he could come right in and start immediately and be a big star for us. He elected to stay. Since Silas Redd transferred, I expected Dukes to take over for him and become a star at Penn State. It was the second time we'd whiffed on Dukes and it was very frustrating.

Dukes has carried the ball 26 times for 98 yards this year, (3.8) per carry and not scored a touchdown. He is their 5th leading rusher. He hasn't even played in 6 games and is again thinking of transferring:
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...ation-likely-to-become-an-issue-again-662333/

Our guys? Jerome Smith has carried the ball 198 times for 1019 yards (5.1) and 3 scores. Prince Tyson-Gully has carried the ball 132 times for 617 yards (4.70 and 7 scores. Heck, even Ashton Broyld has carried the ball more than Dukes 36 for 171 yards (4.8) and 1 score.

If Dukes transferred here, he'd be 4th string at best going into next year. Could he even beat out McFarlane or Morris?

Be careful what you wish for.

The kid is a beast and I'd still love to have him even if for a year. Can he catch a screen pass? It seems a RB who can catch the ball is something we need in a RB right now.

Yup. A lot of folks here were decrying the failure to land Dukes as an indicator that SU was failing.

Yup. A lot of folks here were decrying the failure to land Dukes as an indicator that SU was failing.

Yep. I place more faith in Marrone's talent evaluation. If he didn't want the kid, we don't want the kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom