Cuse doesnt live in this world | Syracusefan.com

Cuse doesnt live in this world

The difference between SU and Kentucky shouldn't be that steep.

Just shows what we're up against.

The difference between SU and Kentucky shouldn't be that steep.

Just shows what we're up against.
Sure other programs shell out for trips, recruiting, etc.. But as the article shows, there's no comparison between Ky and any (legit) college program .. none. The money they put in is beyond the pale, and we can only suspect why their recruiting is so .. shall we say, 'miraculous' year after year .. with platoons of NBA-ready elite players filing in and out ... and apparently nary an academic concern (lol).

I'm sure it's Cal's coaching talent. ;)

And this while we sit and sweat Sutherland's paper and Fab's attendance (both of which resulted in immediate suspension).

Sure other programs shell out for trips, recruiting, etc.. But as the article shows, there's no comparison between Ky and any (legit) college program .. none. The money they put in is beyond the pale, and we can only suspect why their recruiting is so .. shall we say, 'miraculous' year after year .. with platoons of NBA-ready elite players filing in and out ... and apparently nary an academic concern (lol).

I'm sure it's Cal's coaching talent. ;)

And this while we sit and sweat Sutherland's paper and Fab's attendance (both of which resulted in immediate suspension).

And yet somehow the NCAA doesn't even bother to stop by and visit these days.

And yet somehow the NCAA doesn't even bother to stop by and visit these days.
In part because their (the NCAA's) best and brightest are (literally) working in UK admin now.

Think about this tidbit from the article-

"UK arranged an eight-night August trip to the Bahamas that included multiple games against the national teams of the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, and the French pro club, Champagne Chalons-Reims Basket . . . .
Finances are a major issue when it comes to some of the smaller-country national team programs," said Sanders [ the director of basketball operations for the Dominican Republic national team.] "We don't have the budget to put everyone in a five-star hotel like the Atlantis. We can't afford that food for days at a time. So when Kentucky put together a package, it was a no-brainer for us. Kentucky has set the bar very high."

So apparently some COUNTRIES can't afford to foot the travel bill for their national team to play basketball, yet the University of Kentucky's basketball program has the jack to cover it all. Gotta love the budget Paypal Cal has at his disposal. I'm sure there is no monkey business going on over there. ;)

Think about this tidbit from the article-

"UK arranged an eight-night August trip to the Bahamas that included multiple games against the national teams of the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, and the French pro club, Champagne Chalons-Reims Basket . . . .
Finances are a major issue when it comes to some of the smaller-country national team programs," said Sanders [ the director of basketball operations for the Dominican Republic national team.] "We don't have the budget to put everyone in a five-star hotel like the Atlantis. We can't afford that food for days at a time. So when Kentucky put together a package, it was a no-brainer for us. Kentucky has set the bar very high."

So apparently some COUNTRIES can't afford to foot the travel bill for their national team to play basketball, yet the University of Kentucky's basketball program has the jack to cover it all. Gotta love the budget Paypal Cal has at his disposal. I'm sure there is no monkey business going on over there. ;)

In part because their (the NCAA's) best and brightest are (literally) working in UK admin now.

exactly.. and was implying that as well so figured someone would add that :)

Yeah but they are small countries.

$1550 a night for Calipari's room. How can anyone be comfortable with that?
Why is that necessary?
I find it bizarre that he is not squeamish about acting like a billionaire.
I just don't understand the mindset I guess.

"Best and brightest" at UK? Hard to match those two concepts, but no doubt it's a cozy relationship. Even without any academics (or even the pretense), you have to be amazed at the blue marketing machine. They keep the rappers, money handlers and shady AAU characters behind the scenes. Out front is a Disney-scale media operation ... with hour long specials about Ky practices (?). ESPN has no incentive to starting digging up dirt ... its busy humping UK's leg to squeeze every dollar out of its prize franchise. I think it's going to take someone shady like Yahoo to bring Cal down this time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom