Cuse Game 2nd Highest Rated Game | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Game 2nd Highest Rated Game

SU is the 5th most popular team in college basketball. Only Duke, UNC, Kentucky and Kansas are more popular. Michigan State is in the top 10-15. These ratings are no surprise.

Curious- where does your assertion come from?

It also probably didn't hurt that most of the other games were going on at the same time, right? There were no other tournament games happening in the same window that we played.

At the end of the day do you think this plays into getting us into the Tournament? A lot more eyeballs would watch/care about Syracuse than say Oklahoma State? Of course the NCAA would never admit this...

At the end of the day do you think this plays into getting us into the Tournament? A lot more eyeballs would watch/care about Syracuse than say Oklahoma State? Of course the NCAA would never admit this...

I really don't. They're locked into a long term tv deal. How many more people would really watch us vs OSU? And increasing the rating of a single game or two by a small amount, when you're already locked into a long term tv deal, I just don't see much of a benefit.

Like how SU on Wednesday at 9 on TruTV pulls in the 12th best rating of the opening rounds.

According to every hot take anal yst we are a plague of boring basketball no one likes

It's a hard watch. I know I'm not the only one I was flipping between that and Golf. Once Tiger went OB I bet the UNC rating jacked up.

Safe to say offensively but the defense is great and everybody loves to see an upset. I don’t think Sparty is liked that much outside of Michigan.
Except the sports media loves them. Every year they are one of the top 3 favorites to win the tourney by the talking heads.

It also probably didn't hurt that most of the other games were going on at the same time, right? There were no other tournament games happening in the same window that we played.
There were very few overlapping games on the weekend. And people needed to stay up past 10 on a Sunday to watch (so long as you live on the correct side of America). I think being the number 2 game is legit.

There were very few overlapping games on the weekend. And people needed to stay up past 10 on a Sunday to watch (so long as you live on the correct side of America). I think being the number 2 game is legit.

Every game after the Cuse game had a small overlap, no? The first two games of the day had no competition, and after that, they were staggered like 45-60 min apart.

I'm not trying to diminish the rating, it was a close game between two nationally recognized teams.

Every game after the Cuse game had a small overlap, no? The first two games of the day had no competition, and after that, they were staggered like 45-60 min apart.

I'm not trying to diminish the rating, it was a close game between two nationally recognized teams.
Clearly I'm an idiot and forgot that game started at 2:40.

It's a hard watch. I know I'm not the only one I was flipping between that and Golf. Once Tiger went OB I bet the UNC rating jacked up.
Once Tiger went OB a huge smile appeared on my face.

Except the sports media loves them. Every year they are one of the top 3 favorites to win the tourney by the talking heads.

Michigan St.? Well, they have had good teams like them or not. Those teams who knocked out the very good UVA teams were very good. The team that lost to MTSU was excellent. They played well but just couldn’t stop MTSU that day. I don’t think anybody could’ve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom