Cuse Highest Average TV Draw During Regular Season in ACC | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Highest Average TV Draw During Regular Season in ACC

I think that in the end we have had a very successful first year in the ACC in many ways. I'm sure the ACC is pleased with selecting SU.

Definitely. The team ran out of gas at the end, but it was a success. We were the story of the conference for 3/4 of the year until Virginia kind of took over the reins. We brought them the biggest two event games of the regular season, led the conference in TV eyeballs, won a major pre-season tournament, and earned a high seed in the NCAA tournament (and although we didn't do great, we at least played in more than one game, thus bringing in 2 credits).

Definitely. The team ran out of gas at the end, but it was a success. We were the story of the conference for 3/4 of the year until Virginia kind of took over the reins. We brought them the biggest two event games of the regular season, led the conference in TV eyeballs, won a major pre-season tournament, and earned a high seed in the NCAA tournament (and although we didn't do great, we at least played in more than one game, thus bringing in 2 credits).
We also won a bowl game and our women's team won an NCAA tourney game. I'm sure we had other success in Olympic sports as well.

One other thing to remember is the Raycom contract allows them to simulcast the same game against some ESPN broadcasts. This affects the mainly the NC/VA schools.

Twice.

Yeah no doubt thanks to UNC/Duke and VA politics. :bang:

What are UVA fans thinking about anymore expansion? You guys think a Navy (FB only)/ Georgetown add? Or a Uconn or Cincy add? Or happy at the 14/15?

Yeah no doubt thanks to UNC/Duke and VA politics. :bang:

What are UVA fans thinking about anymore expansion? You guys think a Navy (FB only)/ Georgetown add? Or a Uconn or Cincy add? Or happy at the 14/15?

There's no clear favorite for #16. We're waiting to hear what ND wants to do, just like everyone else is waiting. We know they're going to sit tight until independence is no longer a viable option to get into the playoffs. I, personally, like the Navy/G'Town option because it brings DC back into the ACC fold, and (assuming the schedule expands to 13 games as I think it will), gives ND all the scheduling room it needs with Navy as a conference game and still getting to play USC-w and Stanford regularly . Something to keep in mind - the WaPo looks to putUMd football on the 1st Sports page at every opportunity, but looks to put G'Town basketball there.

It'll be interesting to see whether ESPN picks up more Syracuse games next year. The ratings this past season were certainly impressive but at this point it looks as if Syracuse won't be rated as high next season, at least at the beginning of the season. To what extent were the ratings due to the intrinsic properties of Syracuse, such as geography, and to what extent were the ratings due to being number one for a long time? I also wonder what kind of ratings Louisville can get. Can the ACC boost Louisville's ratings?

Definitely a good year for us. If I'm being objective, I have to give the ratings crown to Duke. The fact that they had 10 more games televised and the earlier thread that showed them with 5 out of the top 10 rated games is impressive.

It'll be interesting to see whether ESPN picks up more Syracuse games next year. The ratings this past season were certainly impressive but at this point it looks as if Syracuse won't be rated as high next season, at least at the beginning of the season. To what extent were the ratings due to the intrinsic properties of Syracuse, such as geography, and to what extent were the ratings due to being number one for a long time? I also wonder what kind of ratings Louisville can get. Can the ACC boost Louisville's ratings?

Cuse will get about the same number of TV appearances IMHO. We are pretty steady ratings but I see our team being a bottom half of the Top 25 next year.. Louisville will undoubtably go up in ratings playing Duke, Cuse, UNC, UVA, Pitt and the B1G Match. They should be close to or on par with Cuse/Duke. I think UNC could recover a bit too.

We won the ACC men's outdoor track and field championship -- the first championship decided this academic year.
I don't follow SU track, but I'm surprised by this. I've always had the impression that southern schools concentrated more on track than SU and hadn't heard much about the track team in a long time. I also didn't realize the outdoor season was nearly over already. That seems early.

Cuse will get about the same number of TV appearances IMHO. We are pretty steady ratings but I see our team being a bottom half of the Top 25 next year.. Louisville will undoubtably go up in ratings playing Duke, Cuse, UNC, UVA, Pitt and the B1G Match. They should be close to or on par with Cuse/Duke. I think UNC could recover a bit too.

Duke and UNC will be back in demand because of all the "Diaper Dandy" burger boys they're picking up.

Reactions: cto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom