Cuse talk radio options? | Syracusefan.com

Cuse talk radio options?

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
So I bought an elliptical back in August and have exercised every morning for 20 minutes (35lbs gone!). During my workouts I have always listened to WGR 550 out of Buffalo on demand as that I am a huge Bills fan. However now their season is over and I can take only so much coach and QB talk and have no interest in the Sabres...And besides it is now time for my other passion: Syracuse hoops. It's been a while since I have moved out here to western NY and was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a daily talk radio show that both covers Syracuse and would meet my on demand needs. I know Brent Axe does a show but I had left central NY by the time he came on the air waves. Used to be Schein guy when I lived in 'Cuse and always was able to get Rob King when I lived up in the Adks. Would love to hear some Syracuse sports radio talk and figured before I actually Googled anything I'd look for advice from the board.

Thanks-Go Orange

Last edited:
So I bought an elliptical back in August and have exercised every morning for 20 minutes (35lbs gone!). During my workouts I have always listened to WGR 550 out of Buffalo on demand as that I am a huge Bills fan. However now their season is over and I can take only so much coach and QB talk and have no interest in the Sabres...And besides it is now time for my other passion: Syracuse hoops. It's been a while since I have moved out here to western NY and was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a daily talk radio show that both covers Syracuse and would meet my on demand needs. I know Brent Axe does a show but I had left central NY by the time he came on the air waves. Used to be Schein guy when I lived in 'Cuse and always was able to get Rob King when I lived up in the Adks. Would love to here some Syracuse sports radio talk and figured before I actually Googled anything I'd look for advice from the board.

Thanks-Go Orange
Congrats on the weight loss! I know SWC does a post every week on the jim boeheim show. If you look through the posts in it he mentions the radio station. That would be my best bet. I'm not from the syracuse area so I'm not sure the station.

So I bought an elliptical back in August and have exercised every morning for 20 minutes (35lbs gone!). During my workouts I have always listened to WGR 550 out of Buffalo on demand as that I am a huge Bills fan. However now their season is over and I can take only so much coach and QB talk and have no interest in the Sabres...And besides it is now time for my other passion: Syracuse hoops. It's been a while since I have moved out here to western NY and was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a daily talk radio show that both covers Syracuse and would meet my on demand needs. I know Brent Axe does a show but I had left central NY by the time he came on the air waves. Used to be Schein guy when I lived in 'Cuse and always was able to get Rob King when I lived up in the Adks. Would love to here some Syracuse sports radio talk and figured before I actually Googled anything I'd look for advice from the board.

Thanks-Go Orange
In the morning you can listen to Goz on 1260AM from 6:00am-9:00am. He's a nice kid but the show so far for the first few months is just ok. Then from 10:00-12:00 you can listen to Bud and the Manchild on 1260AM as well. In the afternoon starting at 2:00pm you can switch to 1200ESPN for Mcmanus, Neikam and Infanti until 5:00pm when Axe takes over for an hour. DO NOT listen to Lindsley in the afternoon on 1260AM. You can thank me later.

Both stations have smart phone streaming options.

Did I mess any of that up? I think its all fairly close

Don't listen to Lindsley ? But listen to Mcmanus, Neikam and Infanti. They are nothing but homers. They only talk about SU Basketball, Football, College Basketball/NBA & College Football/NFL. No other sports exist for them. I don't need hearing RAH RAH RAH SU. Now Brent Axe will call it as he sees it, but Mcmanus, Neikam and Infanti, no way, SU can do no wrong and don't critizice SU. Is this forum strictly a SU homer forum? Yes I am a SU alumni, but I don't need to hear radio cheerleaders for SU all the time. There are time that SU deserves negative radio press.

Don't listen to Lindsley ? But listen to Mcmanus, Neikam and Infanti. They are nothing but homers. They only talk about SU Basketball, Football, College Basketball/NBA & College Football/NFL. No other sports exist for them. I don't need hearing RAH RAH RAH SU. Now Brent Axe will call it as he sees it, but Mcmanus, Neikam and Infanti, no way, SU can do no wrong and don't critizice SU. Is this forum strictly a SU homer forum? Yes I am a SU alumni, but I don't need to hear radio cheerleaders for SU all the time. There are time that SU deserves negative radio press.
Mcmanus and company are definitely homers but Lindsley literally hates the city he lives in. He is a Yankees, St. Bonaventure and Florida St fan. He's the best radio host in all of CNY in terms of selling advertising. He should've left radio a long time ago and gone into any type of sales. He's got a great marketing mentality. I just think he's a terrible talk radio host.

No problem with homers so long as we're on the same side but this Lindsley sounds like a Mike Schopp. And I do NOT need that...

adk(roc)CUSE said:
No problem with homers so long as we're on the same side but this Lindsley sounds like a Mike Schopp. And I do NOT need that...

Lindsley isn't bad at all, had a bad rap around here though.

adk(roc)CUSE said:

For what you're looking for, any of them would be fine except Lindsley. Mocks Syracuse all the time. His listeners are Syracuse haters.

If you listen to Axe, you don't have to read his syracuse.com posts that day...or vice versa since it's 90% the same material.

So I bought an elliptical back in August and have exercised every morning for 20 minutes (35lbs gone!). During my workouts I have always listened to WGR 550 out of Buffalo on demand as that I am a huge Bills fan. However now their season is over and I can take only so much coach and QB talk and have no interest in the Sabres...And besides it is now time for my other passion: Syracuse hoops. It's been a while since I have moved out here to western NY and was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a daily talk radio show that both covers Syracuse and would meet my on demand needs. I know Brent Axe does a show but I had left central NY by the time he came on the air waves. Used to be Schein guy when I lived in 'Cuse and always was able to get Rob King when I lived up in the Adks. Would love to hear some Syracuse sports radio talk and figured before I actually Googled anything I'd look for advice from the board.

Thanks-Go Orange

You mentioned you work out in the morning but not when. On the Score 1260, (AM 1260) Tom Gozlowski does the First Quarter and is very listeneable. Pleasant voice and manner, smart. I like Bud and the Manchild from 10-12. It's a friendly show with a wide variety of subjects and humor. (Also I'm awake by then). Mike Lindsley is "In the Cell With ML" from 3-6PM, when Brent Axe used to be on. He was a good reporter and is a good salesman. His content is good but I find him rather charmless. Don't tell him you read this board or he will go off on you. Mcmanus, Neikam and Infanti and ESPN 1200, (AM 1200) are a more agreeable choice. But that's not when you are exercising.

SWC75 said:
You mentioned you work out in the morning but not when. On the Score 1260, (AM 1260) Tom Gozlowski does the First Quarter and is very listeneable. Pleasant voice and manner, smart. I like Bud and the Manchild from 10-12. It's a friendly show with a wide variety of subjects and humor. (Also I'm awake by then). Mike Lindsley is "In the Cell With ML" from 3-6PM, when Brent Axe used to be on. He was a good reporter and is a good salesman. His content is good but I find him rather charmless. Don't tell him you read this board or he will go off on you. Mcmanus, Neikam and Infanti and ESPN 1200, (AM 1200) are a more agreeable choice. But that's not when you are exercising.

I'm going to make an effort to listen to all these shows. I used to listen to all the Cuse sports radio back in the day but grew away from radio for some time. Howard Simon, WGR's Bills coverage and the elliptical combo sucked me back in...unfortunately Mon-Thur m doing the elliptical thing between 9-10, what seems to be down time on the Cuse radio front.

the score app doesn't seem to be working right on my phone and I heart radio has no on demand option which is discouraging. However I am usually the only one in the office after 5pm so I plan on listening to Axe then...I'm really jonsing for some Orange radio talk like I remember it.

I'm going to make an effort to listen to all these shows. I used to listen to all the Cuse sports radio back in the day but grew away from radio for some time. Howard Simon, WGR's Bills coverage and the elliptical combo sucked me back in...unfortunately Mon-Thur m doing the elliptical thing between 9-10, what seems to be down time on the Cuse radio front.

the score app doesn't seem to be working right on my phone and I heart radio has no on demand option which is discouraging. However I am usually the only one in the office after 5pm so I plan on listening to Axe then...I'm really jonsing for some Orange radio talk like I remember it.
Yeah. 9:00-10:00 and then 12:00-2:00 are the local dead times each day

Lindsley is a freakin train wreck. The worst sports radio ive ever heard in my life. Absolutely terrible radio.

Lindsley is a freakin train wreck. The worst sports radio ive ever heard in my life. Absolutely terrible radio.

They guy got fooled by a fake Shane Spencer. That's all you need to know. I wish he would go take his fake Colin Cowherd schtick somewhere else.

Every time I've ever put Lindsley on its Yankees Yankees Yankees. Like I need more of that crap in my life.

UFR covers a lot of SU, agreed, but they certainly talk NFL and NBA which are segments I don't care for. Matt park once a week and Chris Gedney also. I like it. My one complaint would be an over abundance of "pat from syracuse" on the line. Ugh

I forgot to acknowledge that Brent Axe does his hour show from 5-6PM on AM 1200. It's kind of a rushed version of his old show from the Score, (which was 4 hours), full of features and interviews but with little time for call-ins. I think he does it mostly to advertise his column in the paper. I started listening to Brent when I retired in 2009 and took an immediate liking to him. It's like a conversation with your neighborhood bartender.

SWC75 said:
I forgot to acknowledge that Brent Axe does his hour show from 5-6PM on AM 1200. It's kind of a rushed version of his old show from the Score, (which was 4 hours), full of features and interviews but with little time for call-ins. I think he does it mostly to advertise his column in the paper. I started listening to Brent when I retired in 2009 and took an immediate liking to him. It's like a conversation with your neighborhood bartender.
This also follows UFR on 97.7 fm

This also follows UFR on 97.7 fm

And that's the channel for the Scott Shafer and then Jim Boeheim Shows on Thursday nights from 7-8PM, (the Boeheim show has an extra hour beyond that).

They guy got fooled by a fake Shane Spencer. That's all you need to know. I wish he would go take his fake Colin Cowherd schtick somewhere else.
Sadly...he DID take it somewhere else and failed there as well. He is now back in our area and we all have to deal with him again.

RE: Bud and the Man Child

When Josh Murray speaks it's cringe worthy he should be nowhere near a radio mic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom