DaJuan...how many years left? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DaJuan...how many years left?

I wouldn't come back, but thats me. Especially if I had my degree.

I see your point. However, playing Orange basketball is really a great stage and experience for these players. Our players are treated like Gods by our fan base. The Dome is a really cool atmosphere to play. The Melo center is great. I would not want my four years to ever end if I were on the team! College is such a great experience. I never wanted it to end other than I ran out of money.

I hope you're right because I see us as a very scared team with DC back. However during my first year working with FGCU we had a center who averaged 2.8 points and 3.0 rebounds and he was able to sign a pro contract in France. He's still playing over there today. Like I said I hope he stays but I couldn't fault him one bit if he wanted to try and start a pro career after this year.

Orange dinosaur avatar is nice.

I see your point. However, playing Orange basketball is really a great stage and experience for these players. Our players are treated like Gods by our fan base. The Dome is a really cool atmosphere to play. The Melo center is great. I would not want my four years to ever end if I were on the team! College is such a great experience. I never wanted it to end other than I ran out of money.

It's funny the ex-SU players who come back saying it was the best time of their lives and wish they could come back and fully appreciate it all. The beauty of youth is always thinking the future is better than the present.

What if he doesn't have his degree yet?

Maybe the rehab from his knee injury put him on the 5 year plan.
Then he should stay. Was just saying what I would do.

It's funny the ex-SU players who come back saying it was the best time of their lives and wish they could come back and fully appreciate it all. The beauty of youth is always thinking the future is better than the present.

That is so true. I remember the day I drove south on 81 for the last time as a student.

Yes, Tim Brando said that. It was an irresponsible comment with no basis in reality as far as my eyes tell me, made by a hack broadcaster who failed to properly prepare for the telecast.

I seem to recall reading that in the local press. LAST SEASON!

As mentioned earlier, Brando tends to spew out scripted cliché crap. Likable enough and acts like a "pro", but when it comes down to it, not a good play-by-play guy

Those announcers also said Malachi wasn't a shooter, that he was more of a slasher. Coupled with the few other absurd comments, I'm not too sure they did much homework.

I remember hearing that about Malachi and how absurd a quote that was. Especially as he nailed the three in the corner at the end. They literally had no idea what they were saying. Probably think Cooney never gets cold from three either...

DC would be the elder statesman of the team and would have the opportunity to fulfill the expectations that people had of him before his freshman year. Having already graduated or perhaps by only having a very light academic load he would be able to concentrate on conditioning and furthering his rehab while having thousands of adoring fans egging him on to be the beast that we all have seen some flashes of this year.

Furthermore, SU and DC have had a relationship over the past 3 years through thick and thin and I don't see him leaving to go play somewhere as a 5th year Sr. If he stays he has a very valuable role on what could be a very very good team. That would give him adequate exposure, continued continuity with his location, workout/ recovery regime, and defensive and offensive strategy of the program.

He may not have turned out to be the kind of contributor we had expected when he committed to Cuse but he has tirelessly shown a willingness to do whatever has been asked of him and could always be seen exhorting on his teamates during games. I would like nothing more than to see him come back and have a HUGE year where he blossoms and gets the recognition that he richly deserves.