Dakich on CJ | Syracusefan.com

Dakich on CJ

I think it will take an exceptional year for someone to beat out McDermott for POY. He is the most complete player of the group expected to challenge for the award.

I think it will take an exceptional year for someone to beat out McDermott for POY. He is the most complete player of the group expected to challenge for the award.
You know I the only times I saw him play were the two tournament losses Creighton had, so my judgement is clouded on him, like it was on James Harden.

You know I the only times I saw him play were the two tournament losses Creighton had, so my judgement is clouded on him, like it was on James Harden.
McDermott's problem is that opponents lay all over him so he doesn't always look like the AA he is. He may not be the best player in college at the next level, but he's one heck of a college player.

Yeah, I remember being in Iowa when Barnes was being recruited and was surprised that McDermott wasn't getting more press. The couple games I saw of his in HS he looked very talented. Although it was prolly known he was going to play for his dad.

Anyone remember that game for Creighton against UNC (in the tourney) two years ago where they were accused of trying to injure Henson/Marshall (with the wink that set UNC fans off)? Still wonder about that one...kind of root against them for that alone.

Yeah, I remember being in Iowa when Barnes was being recruited and was surprised that McDermott wasn't getting more press. The couple games I saw of his in HS he looked very talented. Although it was prolly known he was going to play for his dad.

Anyone remember that game for Creighton against UNC (in the tourney) two years ago where they were accused of trying to injure Henson/Marshall (with the wink that set UNC fans off)? Still wonder about that one...kind of root against them for that alone.

That game was the first time I ever remember rooting for UNC. Hadn't seen such obvious goons since Kelvin Sampson pulled that crap with Carmelo? The idea that McDermott would be the national POY is a joke.

I think CJ has a chance especially if the cuse win a NC.