Dakich | Syracusefan.com

Dakich

The guy loves SU. Come on he says lots of good things about us. I'll take that any day.

yes, he's a cornball...but listening to him about 10 games ago when he was in the ESPN studio... he luvs JB and the CUSE! :D

Its weird he is as annoying as all get out but he actually knows hsis tuff if he would just freakin stay on the game in front of him.

He was very complimentary toward Jimmy B, CJ, Southerland, and the team in general. Mentioned that the Cuse are in the top 2,3, or 4 of the Nation this season. He was also spot on regarding the fact that this team has the tendency to take it's foot off of the pedal at times and allow other teams to hang around whereas other teams (read Florida) exude that killer instinct and crush other teams once they become vulnerable.

He's kind of like Van Gundy. Can be annoying to listen to at times as he gets into a random rant that's not relevant to the game, but he knows his stuff and loves what he does.

Wasn't afraid to take Harrison to task for his lousy attitude either.

He's kind of like Van Gundy. Can be annoying to listen to at times as he gets into a random rant that's not relevant to the game, but he knows his stuff and loves what he does.

Exactly.

I actually really liked him. He was a fresh voice and did not find him annoying at all. Raftery, Wenzel, Welsh, etc are all great but by doing so many of our games they say the same thing over and over. Not their fault, just to way it is. A few times today Dakich said something about the team I had not heard or said on air.

He knows his bball and doesn't have an agenda. I'll take that all day.
He could certainly talk a little less. Notice Pasch nudging him when Bill Walton's name came up--saying if it were a 3-man booth, he (Pasch) would never get a word in.

meh, I probably like to listen to him more than most analyst types on tv/radio...
not that that is really saying anything at all

Never again please.
I'll be the contrarian. I'm sensitive to awful announcing and he didn't make me angry (like Jay Williams and DIckie Simpkins are prone to do). He yaps a lot but I'll take his experience/knowledge over a bunch of the others.

I've come to like Dakich a lot.

He's knowledgable, well-prepared, usually interesting and not afraid to call out people.
Did you see him getting on Bo Ryan last night about not using the fouls Wisconsin had to give?
He's also seems to have a passion for what he's doing that improves the telecast.
He enjoys what he's doing without sounding like a phony (listening Dickie V ?).

seems like whoever announces our games people have a problem with them. at least Dakich loves some Cuse and gives us some respect. i like his energy and knowledge of the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom