Dakich | Syracusefan.com

Dakich

Yep very entertaining. He always says whatever comes to his mind. Him and Bilas are great.

Normally not a fan but liked him and Tirico together tonight, thought they did a nice job unlike our PG freshman at the end!

I loved the commentary tonight. Dakich has been very Syracuse friendly in my experiences watching him.

Him and tirico were great. It sounded like they were having a lot of fun and genuinely had a strong interest in both teams

Love watching a guy who knows his basketball and doesn't just speak in cliches. And Tirico plays well off him. Great team.

Really like him. And combine him with Tirico it's a great listen - possibly approaching McDonough/Raf/Bilas territory eventually.

i thought they were great. laid back but not schticky...and still really insightful on the analysis/recommendations. you can tell they get along well

Timonen said:
i thought they were great. laid back but not schticky...and still really insightful on the analysis/recommendations. you can tell they get along well
Laid back? Seems to me they screamed an awful lot.

Last edited:
Very biased, and he loves to hear himself talk. Plus he spouts off ridiculous comparisons; last year he said CJ is identical to Calbert Cheaney, yeah they are identical except that their games are nothing alike and CJ would never be close to scoring the points that Cheaney scored at IU.

Last edited:
Really? In back to back sentences, he said "Syracuse is lucky to have the lead considering Michigan has been getting the exact shots they want. But having said that, Michigan has really struggled to get good shots so far. They gotta find ways to get the looks they want."

I was dumbfounded.

Not sure why so many have been down on the guy. He gives Syracuse lots of love (in more than one sense), seems to see the game pretty well, talks about it like a down-to-earth kind of guy, and increases my enjoyment of the game. He's not Bilas, and Tirico/Dakich isn't McDonough/Raftery/Bilas, but that's a ridiculous point of comparison. Compared to a number of guys who are inexplicably paid by ESPN or other networks, he's perfectly all right by me.

Love Tirico, but our great school teaches these guys to be so careful and professional - we can't get a whiff of biased announcing ;)

Is he still dating the SU softball coach?
headshot_1_Ross_Leigh.jpg

Dakich is excellent. Always praises Cuse / JB. Tirico is obviously a pro. Great team.

Not sure why so many have been down on the guy. He gives Syracuse lots of love (in more than one sense), seems to see the game pretty well, talks about it like a down-to-earth kind of guy, and increases my enjoyment of the game. He's not Bilas, and Tirico/Dakich isn't McDonough/Raftery/Bilas, but that's a ridiculous point of comparison. Compared to a number of guys who are inexplicably paid by ESPN or other networks, he's perfectly all right by me.

Yeah, we can definitely do much worse.

He's great. Loves that he brings his coaching perspective to his analysis. Explaining the poor job we did getting the ball into the post etc... you don't get that with Elmore, Vitale, etc...

Dakich is refreshing and very enjoyable. He knows the game and doesn't throw copy and paste one liners constantly like the Jay Williams and Dick Vitales of the world of broadcasting. Ill take Dakich over anyone other than the McDonough/Bilas/Raftery combo which no longer is happening.

I really enjoyed the back and forth between Dakich and Tirico. Was refreshing to listen to two people who obviously enjoyed working together and enjoyed the game. Instead of robotic, cliched speak. It's a bonus that Dakich is fond of Syracuse, but even if he isn't he still would be one of the top guys to listen to. Great team for ESPN and hope we see/hear more of them for future Cuse games!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom